PDA

View Full Version : Bags etc

crimbo
4th September 2009, 04:49 PM
I suppose many of us are still looking for the 'right' bag to carry our gear... I had sorted it with my laptop and a camera and many lenses but now I have gone and got a netbook!
So any body any ideas for a bag to carry an e400 and an 11-22 and an other lens and a net book?

StephenL
4th September 2009, 05:11 PM
How about one of the Billingham Hadley range? Not cheap, but will last for ever, and look good but unobtrusive.

photo_owl
4th September 2009, 05:34 PM
e400 + 11-22 + 'one other lens????' is hardle a demand on most bags - it's the netbook and whether it's always with you in the bag that will matter.

If you want a go anywhere/always with you set up then I agree with Stephen.

Overall I don't think there is a single solution - I use either a Slingshot AW300, MinitrekkerAW or Nova4AW depending on as much where and how I envisage using my gear as what I am choosing to carry. (no netbook)

donmcmahan
27th October 2009, 06:31 PM
I have a small shoulder bag that holds my camera with a lens mounted and two additional lenses, I have lens cases for additional lenses beyond the two and a dedicated case for my computer and and a case for my tripod and an ordinary backpack that all of these various separately cased bits and pieces will fit into, best solution for me, your results may vary *chr

Ellie
27th October 2009, 11:16 PM
I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I use an ordinary backpack for my camera, and use padded inserts for the lenses.

I don't know how big your netbook is, but have you thought of looking at laptop backpacks that you could also put your camera and lenses in, instead of looking for a camera bag that would hold a laptop/netbook? Many of them have well padded sections for the computer with a fair amount of space for other things.