PDA

View Full Version : New member

froeng
19th January 2008, 09:21 PM
Hi everybody! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Frank and I just joined the group. No need to say that I am an E-1 owner (and user) and I always wanted to have one of those handgrips! Unfortunately I missed the point in time when they were sold cheaply in this country (about 2 years ago) and didn't get one at that time! Now this is a great opportunity to finally get one in my hands ;-) Especially as a give away from this forum, which I just discovered!

I know Ian's website "dpnow" on which I had followed the release of the various episodes of his E-1 review about 4 years ago and I back then I couldn't afford to buy that camera (it had a "pro-price"!), but when the prices started dropping I finally made the move from my trustworthy old E-10 to discover a whole new world of speed and focal lengths....
I have got some photo galleries up at pBase, please feels free to visit http://www.pbase.com/frankloehner and give some critique if you feel like it. It would be highly appreciated!
Oh, and I also just uploaded some pics to this site as well...

Anyway, hope we will have some interesting topics floating around here...

Best Regards

Frank

Barr1e
19th January 2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Frank -

Welcome. Fortunately there are always great topics on here and looking forward to your participation in them. Have fun.

Regards. Barr1e

PeterD
19th January 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi Frank,

Welcome to the forum. I have viewed the photos on this gallery and they are quite interesting. The first three need to be sharper and the third is blown by, I guess the sun. The remainder are sharp and are good subjects.

Discussions on here are very varied and members have provided comment/opinion without attempting to tread on each others toes. Have a look through the topics under 'Forum' and you will see what I mean.

Kind regards

PeterD

BigD
19th January 2008, 11:21 PM
welcome frank, what more can i say as peter and barrie have pretty much coverd it.

dave.