PDA

View Full Version : Metz 36 AF-1

stevednp3
28th August 2009, 05:33 PM
I bought one of these Metz 36 AF-40 a few weeks back and I thought I'd post here to warn you how bad they are. When they work they are fine the power is good and exposure is always spot on, but the build quality is awful.

Day 2 after only doing 2 or 3 shots, the battery door fell off and I had to sellotape it on, then after 4 weeks packed in totally.

I usually dont read to many reviews as I normally get put off and dont end buying anything, but I wish I did on this as everyone seams to have the same problem

So its sent back for a refund and I ordered a FL-36R instead, just thought I'd warn everyone !!

Archphoto
28th August 2009, 07:47 PM
I am afraid you had a monday morning one, I have a 44AF-4O for a year now without any problems.......

Did you take any photo's of the flash in it's latest stages ?

Weird, never expected that from Metz and never had an experience with them like you had.

Peter

stevednp3
28th August 2009, 08:30 PM
Well yes it did perform well, I used it for weddings and it produced great exposures, it was the build quality that was the problem, maybe it wasnt upto demanding work such as wedding photography, but I did only use it on one wedding shoot, it didnt have loads of use.

No sorry didnt take a last shot of it, just put it in a jiffy bag and sent it packing to the supplier.

Might have just been unlucky

stevednp3
29th August 2009, 01:21 PM
Can anyone please explain how to use the RC mode of the FL-36R properly

Do I have to use the internal popup to fire the flash remotely, I was hoping it would link up to my e-30 and fire without the popup so I only have one light source.

I have read through the manual, but cant see if this is possible, thanks