PDA

View Full Version : howdy from herefordshire/wales :)

alexs
25th August 2009, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm just calling out a quick "hi" . Don't bite me but I don't own an oly yet but am in the process of trying to get a 520... Currently I use a nikon D40 but want to go "oly" before I start getting lenses etc as I think the olympus system will suit me better..
A friend has asked me take his wedding pics for him and its going to be in a hotel so as well as worrying "in general" about doing it :) I'm thinking now might be the time to swap to the e520 as I know my d40 isn't so hot in indoor lighting, higher iso isn't so great and if I need to buy a prime faster lens I'd rather get an olympus one because it's the route i want to go down...So thats why I'm on the forum lurking about even though as yet I don't have an olympus..
anyways,
Hi
Alex

EH1
25th August 2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome Alex! I hope you find this forum a great help;)

jonesy
25th August 2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Alex
Welcome to the forum.
The people here are friendly, and very helpful too.

theMusicMan
25th August 2009, 09:05 PM
Hi Alex - welcome to the forum. Just as an aside, you might like to take a look at the details for the South Wales meet on 5th September. Details in the events forum... you're welcome to join us for the day, we've a lot of great locations to visit covering many génres, and in addition to this there will be a huge selection of Oly lenses and cameras to try out when you're there.

Here's (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6100) the thread containing the details.

alexs
29th August 2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone and thanks for the invite on the trip which I can't make next week. THe thread mentions a beacons meet in the future which would be great and also on "my patch"...
Al

theMusicMan
29th August 2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone and thanks for the invite on the trip which I can't make next week. THe thread mentions a beacons meet in the future which would be great and also on "my patch"...
Al
Hi Alex

Yup - I plan on organising a Beacons meetup... probably on the Upper Nueadd res, for some time in later Sept. It would be good to meet up with you on that trip - hopefully you'll have your E-520 by then too.

cychwr
30th August 2009, 04:18 PM
*wave Hi from another newbie, *wave