PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Lightroom profiles

StephenL
20th August 2009, 06:04 PM
Don't know if this is common knowledge already, but Colin Walker has some new profiles for a range of Olympus cameras and Lightroom at http://www.huelight.com

petrovich
20th August 2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks Stephen.

*chr*chr

EH1
20th August 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the information Stephen!;)

jima
20th August 2009, 07:38 PM
These are only useful if you are working in DNG, right? A pity if so, as I don't.

Jim

oly_om
20th August 2009, 08:33 PM
These are only useful if you are working in DNG, right? A pity if so, as I don't.

Jim

No - they work for anything in CS4 (Adobe Camera RAW) or Lightroom 2.x for the RAW files (i.e. ORF) for the cameras he lists.

I've just emailed him to see if he would like to share my own profiles for the E-1 and E-3 on his website.

Andy

OlyPaul
20th August 2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Stephen.*chr

theMusicMan
21st August 2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks for posting this Stephen. I have downloaded and installed the profile.

DerekC
21st August 2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks Good information Stephen:)

StephenL
21st August 2009, 08:02 AM
A great idea. It would be useful to see all these excellent profiles in one place. :)

I've just emailed him to see if he would like to share my own profiles for the E-1 and E-3 on his website.

Andy

HughofBardfield
21st August 2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for posting this. Tried his site a while back on a recommendation from another forum and it seemed to be permanently down. Look forward to trying these.

StephenL
21st August 2009, 02:06 PM
The site is online just now *yes

Thanks for posting this. Tried his site a while back on a recommendation from another forum and it seemed to be permanently down. Look forward to trying these.

jima
21st August 2009, 03:30 PM
No - they work for anything in CS4 (Adobe Camera RAW) or Lightroom 2.x for the RAW files (i.e. ORF) for the cameras he lists.

OK, good news then :)

How does that work then as his site specifically lists them as 'DNG' profiles, not ICC profiles?

Jim

StephenL
21st August 2009, 03:37 PM
ICC profiles are commonly used for printing. These are more like presets than profiles. I think he's using the term DNG in its strictist sense, ie "Digital Negative", and not meant to refer to them as being in what we know as DNG format.
Of course, I could be totally wrong. You'll have to ask him!!

oly_om
21st August 2009, 10:38 PM
ICC profiles are commonly used for printing. These are more like presets than profiles. I think he's using the term DNG in its strictist sense, ie "Digital Negative", and not meant to refer to them as being in what we know as DNG format.
Of course, I could be totally wrong. You'll have to ask him!!

They are used when you convert camera RAW files (so camera specific) to the 'general' RAW DNG format. The thing used to generate the profile is called DNG Profile Editor. The fact that they are also used to map the binary information in the RAW files to specific tones and hues is one other way they are used, if not strictly to do with DNG files. If you open an ORF in Lightroom or CS4 (Adobe Camera RAW) and go to the 'Camera Calibration' (one of the entries of Develop in LR or a tab in the ACR dialogue), you'll see a drop-down list for 'Profile' - by default it will say 'Adobe Standard' - if you install the profiles (open up his zip file and read the install.txt), you will also see an option for the other profiles to select.

Please check out my profiles for the E-1 and E-3 (in this forum area) - but remember they are camera specific, so only will be visible in LR or CS4 if you have those cameras. Incidentally, if any of you have used my profiles, the feedback I have got, although very positive, is somewhat thin on the ground - I'd really like to know if they're okay or need improving.

Andy

The threads discussing my E-1 and E-3 profiles are here:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5417 (E-3)
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5520 (E-1 CS2 profile for E-3)
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5515 (E-1)

oly_om
21st August 2009, 10:59 PM
Just as a further point of clarification regarding ICC profiles - they are used in one way as a sort of calibration for output devices. E.g. if you want to print out a certain colour in a way that will look the same on all printers, the ICC profile ensures the printer gives the best possible output that most closely matches the 'standard' (as defined by people like Pantone) version of that colour. They can also be used for monitors too. In effect they translate a standard hue, saturation and lightness into a numerical value that the printer understands to alter the flow of ink or toner.

There are ICC profile that does the reverse - e.g. for cameras and scanners. Some cameras (mostly not) embed an ICC profile in their RAW files to do the translation between the binary data and the colour that the data implies. I've only seen RAW converters like DCRAW that can actually use this information though. Theoretically, the ICC profile is a more universal and standard way of doing this, but isn't much used for input devices like cameras (more often they are used for scanners). The DNG profile is just an Adobe-specific way of doing the same thing.

Andy

David Gethin
27th October 2009, 01:24 PM
The Huelight website is down again :-( Does anyone have the profiles for an E-30 and E-520?

Thanks, David

ronyzmbow
1st November 2009, 08:02 AM
Just to echo david - Looking for E-520 - anyone has any - please let us know
I have the Huelight e-1 from when the site was active - If anyone is interested just let me know:)

The Huelight website is down again :-( Does anyone have the profiles for an E-30 and E-520?

Thanks, David

StephenL
1st November 2009, 05:33 PM
I've got E-3, E-620, and Panny G1 Huelight profiles if anyone's interested.

WPJ
1st November 2009, 06:12 PM
Hi,

I can't get on to the site; but found this.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=32623559

iMac
2nd November 2009, 12:13 PM
I'd like to try out the E-30 profiles as well if anyone has let me know via a PM.

iMac
2nd November 2009, 11:02 PM

Thanks, David

David I have acquired the Huelight profile for the E-30, if you like to send me a PM with your E-Mail I'll E-Mail it to you.

T_C
10th November 2009, 11:39 AM
I've got E-3, E-620, and Panny G1 Huelight profiles if anyone's interested.

Can I have the E-3 profile?:D

StephenL
10th November 2009, 11:52 AM
I will need your email address.

Can I have the E-3 profile?:D

T_C
10th November 2009, 12:56 PM
I will need your email address.

my email is sent via private message, thank you:D

StephenL
10th November 2009, 01:24 PM
Profile now sent to your email. *chr

f2uk
10th November 2009, 01:34 PM
David I have acquired the Huelight profile for the E-30, if you like to send me a PM with your E-Mail I'll E-Mail it to you.

Any chance I could have that as well?? :D

iMac
10th November 2009, 07:40 PM
Any chance I could have that as well?? :D

Has been sent via the E-Mail address you provided.

f2uk
11th November 2009, 07:48 AM
Has been sent via the E-Mail address you provided.

Thanks, much appreciated

David Gethin
11th November 2009, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the offer. I acquired the profile off someone on dpreview and didn't feel it was appropriate to share on here without permission.

What are people's thoughts on the E-30 huelight profile?

cluso
4th March 2012, 06:59 PM
Hi there,
I came across this thread and was wondering whether anybody still got the huelight profiles for the E-30. I'd be very happy if someone could send them to me.
Thanks a lot, cluso.

iMac
6th March 2012, 12:30 PM
Hi there,
I came across this thread and was wondering whether anybody still got the huelight profiles for the E-30. I'd be very happy if someone could send them to me.
Thanks a lot, cluso.

Cluso I think I may still have those files I will check when I get back home from work, I will let you know if I find the files.

Huelight
15th June 2012, 12:06 PM
I will be updating my Huelight E system profiles soon, E-30 will be the first!