PDA

View Full Version : New member

lauriek
18th January 2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks to a tip off from Brian Mosley I just found this place. It's nice to have an alternative to DP review to post questions/observations etc about 4/3 gear!

My main photographic interest is macro - I've uploaded a couple of images to the gallery so you can see the sort of thing I like doing! Having said that I shoot all sorts of natural subjects, from flowers, fungi to birds & animals if I can get close enough!

So there you go - Hello all!

Barr1e
18th January 2008, 06:59 PM
lauriek

Hi -

Welcome to this great site - I know you are going to enjoy your time here.

Regards. Barr1e

CaptainD
18th January 2008, 07:03 PM
Welcome aboard, everyone is very friendly here, I am especially looking forward to viewing your macro work. I know you will enjoy your time here.

Cheers

Chris :p

Greytop
18th January 2008, 07:35 PM
Hi lauriek

I'm a very new member too! Welcome :)

Cheers

Huw

PeterD
18th January 2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks to a tip off from Brian Mosley I just found this place. It's nice to have an alternative to DP review to post questions/observations etc about 4/3 gear!

My main photographic interest is macro - I've uploaded a couple of images to the gallery so you can see the sort of thing I like doing! Having said that I shoot all sorts of natural subjects, from flowers, fungi to birds & animals if I can get close enough!

So there you go - Hello all!

Hi Lauriek

Welcome to the site. Just love your macro images. The wasp would worry me though, was it dead?

We ave a friendly site here and I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

Kind regards

PeterD

OlyFlyer
18th January 2008, 10:42 PM

So there you go - Hello all!Hi and welcome. Since you mention Brian, is he a member here as well?

shenstone
18th January 2008, 10:57 PM
My main photographic interest is macro - I've uploaded a couple of images to the gallery so you can see the sort of thing I like doing!

Hmmm . Yes.. You're going to have to let on some secrets ... Stunning

You're welcome as well !!!

Regards
Andy

lauriek
19th January 2008, 01:46 AM
I presume Brian is a member here but not totally sure! He gave me a heads up about the E1 Grip offer, which is obviously too good to miss out on, plus this seems like a nice place which I didn't know about! ;)

The Wasp was an ex wasp I'm afraid. I don't like killing things but it's the only way I know of to get this kind of shot. Reason being you need to take multiple pictures, with the plane of focus adjusted slightly for each one (the wasp shot used 12 slices) - bugs don't generally sit still for long enough to do this if alive, at least at this level of magnification - focus stacking 2-3 shots of a wild living bug is sometimes possible.

I use an OM auto bellows to get this level of magnification. Currently with a reversed OM 50/1.8 lens. The OM bellows unit has a built in focusing rail which you can use to move the camera/bellows/lens for the different focus slices. (this only works up to a certain level of magnification, as beyond this the focus rail does not allow subtle enough movements to get everything in focus)

Oh, and thanks for the kind words of welcome! ;)

BigD
19th January 2008, 08:33 AM
welcome lauriek enjoy your stay here :)

dave.

theMusicMan
19th January 2008, 08:56 AM
Hi Lauriek and welcome to egroup. I took a look at the two macro shots you uploaded, and the one especially - is excellent. I took the liberty of linking to it here for you so everyone can see it at a glance.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/New-Out99993_99992.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2004)

Super detail in this shot.

Hope to see more of your posts and images around here, we're a good bunch.

John

Barr1e
19th January 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Lauriek and welcome to egroup. I took a look at the two macro shots you uploaded, and the one especially - is excellent. I took the liberty of linking to it here for you so everyone can see it at a glance.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/New-Out99993_99992.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2004)

Super detail in this shot.

Hope to see more of your posts and images around here, we're a good bunch.

John

Thanks John -

Incredible.

Regards. Barr1e

E-P1 fan
19th January 2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks people - when that came up on the screen it brought gasps of astonishment from my wife and I both.