PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved my new EC14

andym
18th January 2008, 01:16 PM
I've alway thought about getting one of these.I have a few trips this spring and thought it would be useful for wildlife shots.
I read up on the EC20 on this and other sites and was not sure about the overall image quality of it,some seem to like it others not but most people seem to realy like the EC14.
Anyway tried it this morning and my first pictures seem very good(shame about the weather)and I think with IS it will be very useful.
I know the forcast is not very good for this weekend but I will see what I can do with it.

Ian
18th January 2008, 01:42 PM
I really rate the EC-14.

Is yours made in Japan or China?

Ian

andym
18th January 2008, 01:52 PM
I really rate the EC-14.

Is yours made in Japan or China?

Ian

Made in Japan,I didn't think of that.In fact I did not know that they were made in two different places(or were).
Got it from Digital Depot for 299.00.I saw it a bit cheaper(286 I think)at purely gagets but was not sure about them not being a camera company.Bristol Cameras had it cheaper but I have had bad experiance with them.

Jim Ford
18th January 2008, 06:33 PM
I've vacillated over an EC-14, but the price always puts me off!

Jim

Barr1e
18th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Ours is Japanese too.

I have to say I have been more than impressed with this converter. I wanted to use it today but after travelling to London to see the Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2007 Competition.
The weather was so dreary when we left it was decided to leave what we wanted to do for another day.

I look forward to some of your shots Andy when you get around to using it.

Regards. Barr1e