PDA

View Full Version : New member, belated hello!

Greytop
17th January 2008, 04:58 PM
Hi thought I'd just say hello. Had joined earlier this month but have only just got around to introducing myself :o
I'm a very pleased owner of an E-510 with the twin lens kit (since Sept 07). I recently added the ED 12-60 SWD and a FL-36 and hope to be adding other glass in the not too distant future.
My previous digital cameras were a Fuji S9500 'bridge' and before that a Fuji S20Pro, both capable of producing some very nice images IMHO and both are still in the 'family' :)
Many years ago I had a Canon AE-1 SLR so I guess that camera originally got me interested in photography.

PeterD
17th January 2008, 05:10 PM
Hi Greytop,

Better late than never;)

Seeing as you have been on here for a while, what do you think?

Kind regards

PeterD

Greytop
17th January 2008, 05:43 PM
Hi Peter,

Yes I like the forum, it seems very friendly :D
and there is a great deal of useful information and helpful comments.
I'm glad to be onboard :)

Cheers

Huw
AKA Greytop

sanke
17th January 2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome hope you enjoy the forum.
I'm a newbie and find it really useful.:)

Barr1e
17th January 2008, 07:14 PM
Hi thought I'd just say hello. Had joined earlier this month but have only just got around to introducing myself :o
I'm a very pleased owner of an E-510 with the twin lens kit (since Sept 07). I recently added the ED 12-60 SWD and a FL-36 and hope to be adding other glass in the not too distant future.
My previous digital cameras were a Fuji S9500 'bridge' and before that a Fuji S20Pro, both capable of producing some very nice images IMHO and both are still in the 'family' :)
Many years ago I had a Canon AE-1 SLR so I guess that camera originally got me interested in photography.

Hi and welcome.

I was a Fuji fanatic (most of the range) and although I still use my E900 daily I miss in a strange sort of way my S9500, both cameras especially the latter taught me how to use most modes rather than auto. The S9500 took me quite a while to get used to. I have SelNZ http://sel.enternet.co.nz/photos.html to thank - he helped many get to grips with it - such a great learning curve to climb up to DSLR.

I said I liked my Fuji S9500 - in fact I'm still in love with it. If I entered the room it is resting in I think she would scream at me as I have fallen in love with another.
What a cracker she is and she has plenty of glasses now. Of course I talk of no other than my E-510. I am achieving some excellent pix and now that I am using Epson Premium Semi Gloss and Ultra Gloss the results are quite outstanding.

I hear you say doesn't he go on - so more another time. See you around the threads.

Regards. Barr1e

E-P1 fan
17th January 2008, 07:26 PM
Hi GT, welcome to the forum. I too am quite a newbie.
This is such a quality forum - do enjoy :)

Greytop
17th January 2008, 08:28 PM
Hi and welcome.

I was a Fuji fanatic (most of the range) and although I still use my E900 daily I miss in a strange sort of way my S9500, both cameras especially the latter taught me how to use most modes rather than auto. The S9500 took me quite a while to get used to. I have SelNZ http://sel.enternet.co.nz/photos.html to thank - he helped many get to grips with it - such a great learning curve to climb up to DSLR.

I said I liked my Fuji S9500 - in fact I'm still in love with it. If I entered the room it is resting in I think she would scream at me as I have fallen in love with another.
What a cracker she is and she has plenty of glasses now. Of course I talk of no other than my E-510. I am achieving some excellent pix and now that I am using Epson Premium Semi Gloss and Ultra Gloss the results are quite outstanding.

I hear you say doesn't he go on - so more another time. See you around the threads.

Regards. Barr1e

Hi Barr1e,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I couldn't agree more with you regarding the S9500. A very dependable tool with a bit of a learning curve but once you know it's limitations it is capable of some really impressive images. I have to admit to still being a Fuji fan, those great colours, in fact I still use Finepix viewer for displaying slide shows :) Mind you I think the famous Oly colours are in the same league.
My S20Pro was also an interesting camera with impressive dynamic range and again lovely colours. I miss them both :(
My father in law now has my S20Pro and my brother in law my S9500, so I still get an occasional glimpse ;)

Thanks E-1 fan and sanke too for the welcome :D

Cheers

Huw
AKA Greytop

Scapula Memory
17th January 2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Huw,

Welcome aboard :) It is a great forum and I`m sure you will enjoy it. Nice to see someone from my corner of the world!

regards

John.

BigD
18th January 2008, 12:41 AM
welcome huw, hope you enjoy your stay and we look foward to seeing some photos soon :)

dave.

Ellie
18th January 2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif

ndl0071
18th January 2008, 08:07 AM
Welcome GT to the forum, I see in your intro that you have paired your E510 with the 12-60 SWD, this lens is an addition that I am currently considering for my E510. I have the standard twin lens kit, just how much better is this combo over the standard? is it really worth splashing the cash?
I would be interested in your thoughts and perhaps look forward to seeing some pics in the gallery.

Cheers
Neil:):)

Greytop
18th January 2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome GT to the forum, I see in your intro that you have paired your E510 with the 12-60 SWD, this lens is an addition that I am currently considering for my E510. I have the standard twin lens kit, just how much better is this combo over the standard? is it really worth splashing the cash?
I would be interested in your thoughts and perhaps look forward to seeing some pics in the gallery.

Cheers
Neil:):)

Thanks for the welcome, John, Dave and Ellie :)

Hi Neil,
I think the 12 -60 is a great lens, its sharper, brighter, faster focusing, wider and longer than the kit BUT heavier and larger (although not to the point of being difficult to handle IMO). I especially like the additional width and sharpness.
Overall I am very pleased with the upgrade but will keep the kit lens as a light weight backup.
I've just posted a few recent pics in the gallery taken with the 12-60 :)

Cheers

Huw
AKA Greytop

Ian
18th January 2008, 12:17 PM

I see you have already received a warm welcome - just as I expected :)

So welcome from me too! :D

Ian

Greytop
18th January 2008, 12:38 PM
I see you have already received a warm welcome - just as I expected :)

So welcome from me too! :D

Ian

Thanks for the welcome Ian :)

Cheers

Huw

ndl0071
19th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome, John, Dave and Ellie :)

Hi Neil,
I think the 12 -60 is a great lens, its sharper, brighter, faster focusing, wider and longer than the kit BUT heavier and larger (although not to the point of being difficult to handle IMO). I especially like the additional width and sharpness.
Overall I am very pleased with the upgrade but will keep the kit lens as a light weight backup.
I've just posted a few recent pics in the gallery taken with the 12-60 :)

Cheers

Huw
AKA Greytop

Thanks for the info Huw, sound like the 12-60 may be a good investment, I have been looking for your gallery pics without success?:confused: Have you posted them yet?

Thanks again
Neil

Greytop
19th January 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi Neil,

may be my "gallery" terminology is incorrect, sorry :o
Fotofair is the place http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=624

Cheers

Huw