PDA

View Full Version : Grip strap for HLD-4

DerekC
16th January 2008, 09:04 PM
I've received my HLD-4 and was browsing around other Olympus site. On the American website in accessories E-3 there is a grip strap for E-3 and HLD-4 listed. Part No AS-GS3. I've not seen this listed on the Olympus UK website! I would have thought it was an Olympus accessorie so why not listed by Olympus UK? Looks like a useful add on for anyone going to use there HLD-4 regularly on there E-3. I had a grip strap on my OM4 with the winder at all times. If Olympus UK are not going to make this available I wonder how much the import duty would be? Think I will email Olympus Uk tomorrow and ask.

The link is
https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=260256-410

theMusicMan
16th January 2008, 11:59 PM
Looks good Derek, but wouldn't this only be used when in portrait mode?

Paulpp
17th January 2008, 07:40 AM
I had also seen this - is also on Amazon.com website, BUT, couldn't find a company in the USA willing to send overseas. Not quite true I did find one which from memory wanted $30ish for the strap and $70ish!!!!! for the postage. If you have any luck let me know.

Melaka
17th January 2008, 08:08 AM
I could only find the strap on sale in the USA or Australia. My daughter who is working in the USA has ordered one for me and I'm expecting to get it in the next week or so. The cost at $2 was just under 17 and it will be interesting to see whether it gets picked up for VAT. The strap is certainly better for portrait mode but it also makes it much easier to carry the camera in one hand, which I prefer to hanging it round my neck. I used it extensively with the E1.

theMusicMan
17th January 2008, 08:55 AM
Guys - I will ask Ian (Kerso) if he can supply the HLD-4 grip for us here... leave with me for a day.

EDIT: I have emailed Ian and asked him to either reply here or to send me the details and I will update this as soon as I hear.

J

Paulpp
17th January 2008, 10:33 AM
Had forgotten that sometime I e-mailed Oly to see whether it was available and just got a response to say they don't have a launch date for the UK yet. Shame

DerekC
17th January 2008, 07:41 PM
I Called Olympus today and asked about the grip strap. Couldn't tell me if they have any plans to sell it in the UK. So no release date or price? So looks like the only choice is to buy from America.

Derek C

theMusicMan
17th January 2008, 07:45 PM
I have spoken to Ian (owner here) and Ian (Kerso) supplier in the US, and he can supply these HLD-4 straps direct from the USA at 19.99 plus p&p. I am going to order one...

He pays all import duty and taxes, and all the goods are fully legit. PM him if you want one... or wait until mine arrives and I will let you know how good they are :)

John

DerekC
17th January 2008, 07:58 PM
Hi John,
Thanks for the information, I'm interested in obtaining one so will probably pm Ian. Thanks

Derek C

theMusicMan
17th January 2008, 09:00 PM
Hey Derek

I have just had an email from Ian asking if he should order in more than the one I asked for. Shall I ask him to obtain another...?

Ijay37
17th January 2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Derek

I have just had an email from Ian asking if he should order in more than the one I asked for. Shall I ask him to obtain another...?

I would like one to
John

Paulpp
17th January 2008, 10:01 PM
I had already sent a PM to Ian saying I was also interested

kerso
17th January 2008, 10:11 PM
Please e-mail me at kerso1123@msn.com
Price is 20 & 2 postage. Ian.

DerekC
18th January 2008, 08:26 AM
Hi John,

Thanks I've sent Ian a email to order another strap for me.

Cheers
Derek C

Paulpp
18th January 2008, 10:20 AM
I have also asked him to get me one

wombat1953
30th January 2008, 07:26 PM
Grip Strap arrived Today from Ian :cool:
All I can Say is Great Service Ian :)

Steve

Invicta
30th January 2008, 07:29 PM
Grip Strap arrived Today from Ian :cool:
All I can Say is Great Service Ian :)

Steve

Cool,

does it replace the neck strap or can you have both attached at the same?

R MacE
30th January 2008, 07:42 PM
I got one from Ian Kerso today too, the neck strap can be attached to the buckle on the grip allowing you to have both on.

Richard

theMusicMan
30th January 2008, 07:43 PM
I have received mine too today.

I haven't attached it yet, but the simple instruction leaflet suggests you can have both attached at the same time...

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/themouthpiecedotcom/grip-1-of-1.jpg

wombat1953
30th January 2008, 07:44 PM
Invicta
I am only going to use it with the Grip Strap, but looking at the installation diagram it implies you can use both.

Steve

Invicta
30th January 2008, 07:48 PM
That sounds great I would need the neck strap and the grip strap sounds really handy due to the weight of the E-3 with the grip.

What methods of payment does Ian take? I don't have an e-bay or pay-pal account.

wombat1953
30th January 2008, 07:51 PM
Invicta

I did a Bank Transfer to his account
if You PM Him he will give you his details:)

Steve

R MacE
30th January 2008, 07:53 PM
He'll take cheques, that was an option offered to me.

Richard

Invicta
30th January 2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the updates, that's even better news, I'll have to get in touch. Wonder if he got some extra ones in just in-case ;)

theMusicMan
30th January 2008, 07:57 PM
Update: I updated my post above to include the diagrams off the leaflet...

Setup:
Macro lens, flash, tripod, 35 second exposure @f345, ISO6400... :)

Ok.. I've been sussed... quick snap with flash... :)

Invicta
30th January 2008, 08:10 PM
Update: I updated my post above to include the diagrams off the leaflet...

Setup:
Macro lens, flash, tripod, 35 second exposure @f345, ISO6400... :)

Ok.. I've been sussed... quick snap with flash... :)

LOL, I did think when I first saw the diagram that I am sure I didn't see it before!

The grip strap will make it look like some cool video guy widget :cool:

kerso
30th January 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks Guys, I have another 20 straps on the way if anyone is interested. Can't put them on Ebay as I would make a loss by time fees were paid. May put them on at a higher price. Please anyone looking for Olympus gear contact me for a keen price. Regards Ian.

He'll take cheques, that was an option offered to me.

Richard

ukanalyst
30th January 2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks Guys, I have another 20 straps on the way if anyone is interested. Can't put them on Ebay as I would make a loss by time fees were paid. May put them on at a higher price. Please anyone looking for Olympus gear contact me for a keen price. Regards Ian.

Just a 12-60mm Lens will do me ;)

I am actually considering one of these straps ... look like quite a good idea :)

Dave

kerso
30th January 2008, 10:45 PM
Will send payment options. Waiting on 12-60mm stock still. Ian.

Just a 12-60mm Lens will do me ;)

I am actually considering one of these straps ... look like quite a good idea :)

Dave

ukanalyst
30th January 2008, 11:20 PM
Waiting on 12-60mm stock still.

I know ... thanks Ian! :)

Dave