PDA

View Full Version : Chillimonster's (re-)conversion

Makonde
1st August 2009, 07:38 AM
I'm sure I'm not alone in being very interested in the reasons for CM returning to Olympus after less than a year with the full-frame D700.

Like many another, lately Thea, I also chewed on the pros and cons and, while my own conclusion was to commit to Olympus, and I'm increasingly confident with that decision, it was by no means one-sided. CM had abundant experience with the E3 and some top ZD lenses including IIRC the 35-100, and yet made the switch to Nikon.....and is now reversing that process (at no small damage to the pocket I imagine).

I do hope that this doesn't cause any kind of ruckus - I'd hate this thread to turn into ritual camera-worship or auto-justification - but all the same I'd be very interested in the fully objective experiences of CM with the D700 and its lenses compared with the E-system, and the reasons for switching to Nikon re-evaluated in the light of that experience.

Chillimonster
1st August 2009, 08:39 AM
Morning Keith.

It's one of the threads i was planning on posting up at some point over the next week to give other members an insight into why i left in the first place then came back to olympus with the E-30.

I'm not a writer (in fact my wife says i'm a man of few words :p), so don't expect war and piece, but i'll try and put it as objectively as possible.

Watch this space :)

*chr

JackBenedict
1st August 2009, 01:33 PM
It wasn't the kit chillomonster didn't like - it was the sudden absence of so many good friends on this forum. What is it they say " the grass is always greener .... "*chr

Chillimonster
1st August 2009, 03:52 PM
It wasn't the kit chillomonster didn't like - it was the sudden absence of so many good friends on this forum. What is it they say " the grass is always greener .... "*chr

:p

There is always that to say about this particular forum - everyone is friendly (unlike some www's i've visited :rolleyes:)