PDA

View Full Version : Lost my E-3's eyecup and then .....

jdal
31st July 2009, 04:15 PM
.... while walking along the same track as I'd been on 2 days previously, when I reckon I'd lost it, I saw an eyecup on the track. Absolutely amazing, I thought. I'd just ordered a new one (at 12.95) so I was partly miffed and partly pleased, but when I looked it was a Canon one. And it didn't fit, but I reckoned I could make it fit with some mods.
Later on, walking back down the same track I found yet another! It was a Nikon one this time, and it fits!

This is the track:
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/508/P7317657.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16746)

What are the odds of that then? And furthermore, I wonder if Nikon eycups are cheaper than the Oly ones?

ps - I couldn't find a forum that fitted this little anecdote.

Graham_of_Rainham
31st July 2009, 06:06 PM
So why didn't you pick up the lens cap that's lying just off the side of the track ;)

If you happen on a hotshoe cover, there's a good market for those on here...

*chr

jdal
31st July 2009, 07:17 PM
So why didn't you pick up the lens cap that's lying just off the side of the track ;)
Lens caps are ten a penny on the Northumbrian moors. Hardly worth bending down for.

If you happen on a hotshoe cover, there's a good market for those on here...

The sheep eat them, they think they're bilberries. :) Anyhow, I've got two winging their way in my direction along with an E1 LCD cover and the eyecup.

sapper
31st July 2009, 09:08 PM
A friend of mine has been taking some shots in our village, he mentioned the shot he was after and the viewpoint. I decided to go to the same spot some days later and noticed something shining in the grass, it was his polarising filter. I must have had my tripod legs in the same spot as his even thougth I was shooting a different view.
Must say, he didn't find my lens hood I lost on the same shoot:-(

Zuiko
1st August 2009, 02:25 AM
Just think, John, somewhere there might be a Nikon user with your E3 eyecup fitted to his camera - one way to improve a D300 I suppose! :D

Lovely picture of the track, is that a local walk for you?

jdal
1st August 2009, 09:00 AM
Lovely picture of the track, is that a local walk for you?

Thanks. It's not very local - about 25 miles away. But it's a bit of moorland I regularly visit and is very popular with walkers.

I was going to this bit:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2509/3774720895_27c28366b1_o.jpg to have a play with the 7-14mm.

Pensionista
1st August 2009, 10:56 AM
In years gone by, I sowed Norwegian rivers with Nikon and Canon lens caps, but now, having seen the light and having bought an E-3 in February, I was sitting trying out a wired remote and unscrewed the little black cap on the camera. After trying unsuccessfully to make the remote work (Hahnel), I unscrewed it and lo and behold, the little cap had disappeared. Frantic searching and brushing of carpet, shaking clothing to no avail. I was mortified. My brand new pride and joy was secondhand already! After noticing similar escapades on forums, I sent to Luton camera for a replacement for this, the flash cover and the hotshoe cover (paranoid).
I fitted the replacement and was happy again. Two days later I found I'd safely stowed the cap in my pocket all along (senior moment?), so now I had a spare. Shortly after I sent for an eyecup (more paranoia) and another item and the rather clunky Luton Camera site double charged me for postage, but unbidden, the guys there sent me ANOTHER remote release cap. Nice of them but I feel I now have enough, especially as I don't trust the release enough to use it!:)