PDA

View Full Version : South Lincolnshire Meet - Stamford

Jonesgj
30th July 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi All,

I would like to organise a meet in and around my home town - Stamford, in Lincolnshire. Described as The finest Stone Town in England I propose a walk around the town Centre where there are around 10 beautiful old churches and 30 (thirty!) pubs. I enjoy walking around Burghley Park, and thought this may make a good venue too. Although there is no photography allowed in the House itself there are many beautiful subjects in the Deer Parks, South Garden, Garden of Surprises and Sculpture Garden.

The dates I propose are either the 22nd August or the 29th August.

Though flexible I see the day consisting of:

1 - Meet at local coffee shop in Stamford 10.00 to 10.30
2 - Walk around Stamford Streets until 12.00 at which point we will meet again for a meal and a chat
3 - At 13.00 we will make our way (by car) to Burghley Park
4 - From 13.30 to 15.00 I prose we explore:

The Deer Parks and the Front of the House
The South Gardens
The Garden of Surprises*
The Sculpture Garden*

(*This normally has a £6.50 entrance fee but depending on numbers I may get us a small reduction)

I have cleared our visit with the people at Burghley provided the photographs are not used for commercial purposes.

5 - At 15.00 we could all meet in the "Orangery" for Tea before finishing as and when personal deadlines dictate.

I haven't organised one of these before so hope this is okay (any advice would be greatly appreciated)

I am posting this on the DSLR User forum too so that we can get more people to help and share experience/expertise with each other – may even convert a few more to Oly ;)

Is it best to state your interest using this thread and then PM me with your details so I may communicate more directly??

Kind regards

Graydon

I hope this link works. I have a suggested route (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104264575567539001612.00046ff05e87e267dd8cc&ll=52.649924,-0.472734&spn=0.00975,0.027788&z=16)for you.

Trausti Hraunfjord
30th July 2009, 05:33 PM
there are around 10 beautiful old churches and 30 (thirty!) pubs.

.....you do know how to promote a meeting!

... on a second thought: When you made the count... you didn't have double vision? :eek:

Sorry for this off topic post... I wish I could join in on some of the meetings, but being half the world away makes it all but impossible. Good luck and enjoyable meetings!

Jonesgj
30th July 2009, 06:14 PM
Trausti,

There used to be even more 'ale houses' in medieval times but you are right: you shouldn't try to count the pubs by going and visiting each one especially if you sample their goods!

Regards

Graydon

mike_j
30th July 2009, 08:21 PM
Stamford is a nice town, small enough to manage easily and quite photogenic though the 'Finest stone town in England' quotation attributed to Sir Walter Scott stretches reality a bit.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/st_marys_hill_bw.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16733)

Graydon, I can make all day 22nd, morning only 29th.

Jonesgj
31st July 2009, 07:24 PM
Classic and popular shot Mike, but there is so much more, and I'm just not good enough to get the best out of the place. Still, I was wandering about Stamford today and here are a few of those shots:

Graceful Stamford ....
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/764/Graceful_Stamford.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16767)

Hidden Stamford....
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/764/St_Marys_Church_Stamford.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16769)

Classic Stamford...
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/764/International_Hotel.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16768)

Barrie Norman
1st August 2009, 05:36 PM
Gaydon

I think both dates are Ok for me I will let you know closer to the day, keep me posted.

Barrie

andym
1st August 2009, 07:19 PM
I'd like to get along.The 29th is better for me.

Went to Stamford in 1972 with my parents but would like to se it again.

Jonesgj
1st August 2009, 08:34 PM
Barry / Andy - Good to hear you are interested.

So far 29th has the edge, with Mike only able to do the morning of that day that gives 4.5 attendees.

Hopefully others may see this over the next week.

Andy - Will you be able to travel up/down in a day or will you need hotel accomodation?

Kind regards

Graydon

andym
2nd August 2009, 08:47 AM
Andy - Will you be able to travel up/down in a day or will you need hotel accomodation?

Kind regards

Graydon

Graydon

I'm very near the M11 so it's quite easy for me to go to Cambridge and then on the A14 and A1,so I'll drive on the day.

Thanks anyway.

MartyG
2nd August 2009, 10:52 AM
mike_j told me of this photo meet up, I'm a fellow Stamfordian - great place to live, and also where Daniel Lambert died and is burried. It's a great place to photograph, and then there's the Green Man pub!

First post I know - but I'd bring my Olympus Trip 35 :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2075/2254973004_21c9b55942.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2328/1830461622_7acc916d85.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2142/2269957842_c2f96353c7.jpg

Jonesgj
2nd August 2009, 10:59 AM
High MartyG,

Glad to have you on board. Please let me know your availability

22nd or 29th August

Hope you can see the suggested 'route' here (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104264575567539001612.00046ff05e87e267dd8cc&z=15)

Kind regards

Graydon

mike_j
2nd August 2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Marty,

Glad you found this rabble, don't worry about carrying a Canikon, as long as you keep that little Olympus Trip slung round your neck it will ward off evil spirits.

Seriously, this is a nice forum and a good crowd. Look forward to meeting you again, I did enjoy the Southall Minster exhibition and talking to the Togs, especially Tharg the Mighty (aka Damien, editor of AP)

For those who don't know what I'm talking about it is this exhibition. Very good stuff and well worth a visit.

http://www.mastersofvision.co.uk/

MartyG
4th August 2009, 02:54 PM
High MartyG,

Glad to have you on board. Please let me know your availability

22nd or 29th August

29th would be the better date for me as there's an MX-5 owners rally on the 22nd I may well be attending.

jonesy
4th August 2009, 08:33 PM
I "may" be able to do the 29th, but can't be certain... I'd like to be there

HughofBardfield
5th August 2009, 12:51 PM
Will try and get along - Stamford is only just over 90 mins up the A1 from me and we stop there regularly en route to the Outlaws in Yorkshire...

Lovely town - and afternoon tea at The George is a chance to revisit a more relaxed age for anyone not going to Burghley.

Jonesgj
7th August 2009, 05:32 PM
...The George is a chance to revisit a more relaxed age for anyone not going to Burghley.

Hugh,

Yes afternoon Tea at the George would be excellent for anyone not wanting to continue on to Burghley.

All,

The count so far for the 29th (which is favourite):

Barrie Norman (E-System) - OK / to be confirmed
Mike_J (E-System) - a.m. only / to be confirmed
AndyM (E-System) - OK / to be confirmed
MartyG (E-System) - OK
Rebel (DSLR user/E-GROUP) - OK
Jonsey (E-System) - OK / to be confirmed
HughOfBardField (E-System)- OK / to be confirmed
Shoreypix (DSLR user) - OK

Please will you try and confirm you status as soon as you can.

(As you can see I am trying to co-ordinate the meet across two sites)

Here's an old shot from the Sculpture garden last year...

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/764/Face_Man_01.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16770)

Kind Regards

Graydon

mike_j
7th August 2009, 07:06 PM
I can definitely make it, but only up to about 2:00pm.

Barrie Norman
7th August 2009, 07:28 PM
The 29th is good for me,

Please note that the bird fair is on at Rutland 21st,22nd and 23rd so that would clash for me and most likely for many

Barrie

Jonesgj
7th August 2009, 08:21 PM
Attendees:

Barrie Norman (E-System) - Confirmed
Mike_J (E-System) - Confirmed (until 1400)
Brian (OUKSG) - Confirmed
Rebel (DSLR user/OUKSG) - Confirmed
Me (E-System/DSLR user/OUKSG) - Confirmed
Matthew Jones (E-System/DSLR user/OUKSG) - Confirmed

AndyM (E-System) - OK / to be confirmed
MartyG (E-System) - OK
Shoreypix (DSLR user) - OK

andym
8th August 2009, 09:51 AM
Graydon

I'll be there.I will probably have to leave mid afternoon as I did not know we have an arrangement that evening.See how it goes.

Jonesgj
8th August 2009, 01:23 PM
Latest update:

Brian (UKPSG) - Confirmed
Rebel (DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
Me (E-System/DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
Matthew Jones (E-System/DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
AndyM (E-System) - Confirmed (until 1400 ish)

MartyG (E-System) - OK / to be confirmed
Shoreypix (DSLR user) - OK / to be confirmed

Jonesgj
8th August 2009, 01:31 PM
Just to confirm **** 29th August **** is the date for the Stamford meet.

So far 7 confirmed attendees and 5 okay with date pending confirmation.

As per itinerary: looking to meet in a local coffee shop between 10-1030 and finish in Burghley park at 15 to 1600 ish.

Plenty of room in Stamford for more people!

Regards

Graydon

jonesy
9th August 2009, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately, I wont be able to fully confirm until very close to the date.
At this point in time, it looks like I will be able to attend. Would it be OK to bring my daughter (11 year old) who is very interested in photography... tho she would be using a shhh Canon shhh ;)

Jonesgj
9th August 2009, 05:37 PM
Tracey,

No problems. Please let me know when you can.

My son and daughter (13/14) usually accompany me, though only Matthew will be coming on this one. They both have Oly's, but are used to Canon - I had one and my father uses one. I have also posted on the DSLR user site and have another Canon user interested in coming along. So I have no objection to you bringing your daughter or her camera!

Kind regards

Graydon

Jonesgj
12th August 2009, 04:19 PM
Ladies and Gents,

Here is the latest update. Please will you check your status and advise me of errors/amendments.

Simon / Tracey (UKPSG) - Confirmed PM
Garrett / Angela (UKPSG) - Confirmed
Jonesy + 1 (E-System) - Currently Okay

MartyG (E-System) - OK / to be confirmed

Thanks to Mike_j for trying to organise some goodies on the day.

Kind regards

Graydon

MartyG
13th August 2009, 08:44 AM
I should be able to make the 29th

HughofBardfield
13th August 2009, 01:15 PM
Should be able to make it, but depends on getting a pass from SWMBO - if she's in a good mood, she may even join in!

Jonesgj
13th August 2009, 02:27 PM
Hugh,

I know exactly what you mean. I'll put you down as "semi-confirmed/awaiting pass" when I next update attendees.

Regards

Graydon

Jonesgj
14th August 2009, 06:50 AM
Latest update:

Brian (Olympus UKPSG) has confirmed we will have access to pretty much every Olympus DSLR body and lens on the day, including the Pen - Thanks Brian.*yes

Mike_J and Ian are also arranging for a Pen - Thanks Guys.*yes

Burghley Park, at this time of year, is in the middle of preparing for the annual Horse Trials which happens the week after our meet. Not exactly sure what activity will be going on during that day but I have contacted the nice people at Burghley house and confirmed that they have no problem with us wandering around taking candid's of tents/marquees being erected etc.... this may affect the deer parks this does give another set of subjects. I will try and find out where the deer will be hinding in the meantime.

Here is the latest list of attendees.

Please will you check your status and advise me of errors/amendments.

Simon / Tracey (UKPSG) - Confirmed PM
JonathonH - Confirmed AM
HughOfBardField (E-System)- Confirmed (But waiting pass:))
MartyG (E-System) - Confirmed

*** Please let me know if you are not on the list and still would like to come along ***

Jonesgj
15th August 2009, 08:51 AM
Itinerary for the 29th:

09.30-10.15 Meet at Central Café Red Lion Square
I'll be there to try the full english from around 9.30

10.15 Stamford Street Photography

12.45-13.30 Light Lunch at the Orangery, Burghley House
I will book a table for us

13.30 Explore Burghley

15.30-16.00 Afternoon Tea in the Orangery, Burghley House
More Photography / or travel home

This is just a suggested ‘framework’ to allow the group to meet at the start, then for lunch and at the end; otherwise just enjoy yourself!

Rod Souter
18th August 2009, 10:49 AM
What is the car parking like around Red Lion Square?

Rod

Jonesgj
18th August 2009, 12:40 PM
What is the car parking like around Red Lion Square?

Rod

Rod,

Thanks for your Question.

The centre has now been paved, so no parking. I will be producing a little document for the day in which I suggest we park at Wharf Road, or Bath Row. So starting from the Central Cafe in Red Lion Square you can decide which Car Park you wish to make your way back to.

For Wharf Road it's around £2.60 and should be more than enough time. There is free parking around the town but that's limited to 2 hours. Bath Row is divided into Pay and Display and Free. The price for the former and the time limit for the latter are about the same.

Will you be joining us for the day?

Kind regards

Graydon

mike_j
18th August 2009, 02:43 PM
Graydon,

You have remembered that Burgley Horse Trials start on the 2nd September and Burghley will be very busy with setting up (it already is a mass of marquees and fences) and early arrivals.

Hopefully it won't be a problem but Stamford does get very crowded that week.

Jonesgj
18th August 2009, 06:43 PM
Latest update:

Burghley Park, at this time of year, is in the middle of preparing for the annual Horse Trials which happens the week after our meet. Not exactly sure what activity will be going on during that day but I have contacted the nice people at Burghley house and confirmed that they have no problem with us wandering around taking candid's of tents/marquees being erected etc.... this may affect the deer parks this does give another set of subjects. I will try and find out where the deer will be hinding in the meantime.

Graydon,

You have remembered that Burgley Horse Trials start on the 2nd September and Burghley will be very busy with setting up (it already is a mass of marquees and fences) and early arrivals.

Hopefully it won't be a problem but Stamford does get very crowded that week.

Hi Mike,

Yes (See earlier post) I contacted Burghley and had a chat. It will be busier than normal, but shouldn't be gridlocked as when the event is actually on. Have you been today? I was planning a little trip out this Saturday, just to check things out. I also know that the following two days will see a fine food market event, but again even though it will be busy it shouldn't spoil our day.

(fingers crossed)

Graydon

Rod Souter
18th August 2009, 06:44 PM
Yes, I hope to be there, another early start (if I want a full english:D:D).

Rod

Jonesgj
18th August 2009, 06:54 PM
Yes, I hope to be there, another early start (if I want a full english:D:D).

Rod

Thanks Rod - Looking forward to meeting you.

Matthew (my son) and I are hoping to have a little trip around Stamford this Saturday just to make sure everything is okay ... and this will include checking on the breakfast. Dirty job but someone has to do it ...:cool:

Jonesgj
19th August 2009, 06:58 AM
Was it the talk of a Full English? I don't know, but we now stand at 17 :eek:

Chris Cooper (DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
Graydon Jones(E-System/DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
Simon / Tracey (UKPSG) - Confirmed AM
JonathonH - Confirmed AM
HughOfBardField (E-System)- Confirmed (But waiting pass!)
Nick Webster (UKPSG) - Confirmed

*** Please let me know if you are not on the list and still would like to come along ***

theMusicMan
19th August 2009, 07:03 AM
WOW, what a fabulous number, wishing you the very best for this meet-up. You'll have a brilliant day. It's a shame it is so far for me to travel otherwise I'd have loved to come along.

Jonesgj
20th August 2009, 06:54 AM
I have a webpage with the Google Map here:

http://sites.google.com/site/graydon63/Home/photomeet

and a downloadable PDF of the itinerary and a map of central Stamford here:

http://sites.google.com/site/graydon63/Home/photomeet/thepdf

I will post a revised version of the PDF by Friday night if necessary, dependent on the quality of the breakfast at the central cafe!

Jonesgj
21st August 2009, 07:22 AM
I will post a revised version of the PDF by Friday night if necessary, dependent on the quality of the breakfast at the central cafe!

Ooops I meant Friday, 28th, before the meet.... :o

Ian
21st August 2009, 11:03 AM
I'm a late addition (glutton for punishment - I'm going to the South Wales mee too :D)

I will be bringing my goody bag with me, with kit for anyone interested to try on the day, including:

7-14 f/4
9-18
11-22
14-54 (Mk1)
14-42
14-50 f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Leica
12-60
25 f/2.8 pancake
40-150 Mk2
50 f/2 macro
70-300
50-200 SWD
14-35 f/2 SWD
90-250 f/2.8
E-620
E-30
E-450

and

E-P1 with M.Zuiko 14-42
17 f/2.8 pancake
Four Thirds mount adapter

Let me know if there is anything else not on the list and I will see if I can borrow any spares from Olympus.

Ian

Jonesgj
21st August 2009, 04:02 PM
Ian,

Thats really good of you. I do hope you enjoy the day and the trip isn't too bad.

This list, combined with Brian's, will make this a fabulous meet for anyone wanting to try something out.

(if it rains may I borrow the E-3? ;) )

Kind regards

Graydon

PS I hope it doesn't rain

mike_j
21st August 2009, 05:24 PM
Bagsy the EP-1 for a time - I want to try some M fit lenses. I'll bring along the Panasonic 7-14mm for people to try and to compare with the Oly equivalent.

Barrie Norman
21st August 2009, 05:28 PM
I would like to try the 7-14 and 9-18, as I am considering getting one but I havn't made my mind up which one.

alert_bri
22nd August 2009, 09:25 AM
I'll be bringing my Panasonic G1, does anyone have a GH1? Ian, you still got your loaner?

I'll also be bringing the 35-100mm f2 and 1.4x TC for those interested - plus the E-520 and E-3, oh and the PanaLeica 14-150mm OIS.

Stamford is a beautiful town - I'm looking forward to meeting everyone... we'll be creating a Olympus Photo Safari Group report for our 2,200+ members and subscribers - Graydon, will you please make sure you get e-mail addresses?

Kind Regards

Brian

Jonesgj
23rd August 2009, 12:53 PM
All,

Visited Stamford yesterday to walk past most things on the Google map route (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?t=h&ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=104264575567539001612.00046ff05e87e267dd8cc&z=15) and check things out.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Water-Street-Bridge-HDR.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/17218)
E-620 / 14-54mm/PhotomatixPro3.2/CS2

As already mentioned on another thread this morning - the most important thing first - Breakfast at the Central Tearooms was excellent :)

I had a chat with the manager and he expecting us. He has two tables upstairs which are reserved for regular customers but its still a lovely place to start. I suggest we meet upstairs.

As Mike_J has already mentioned, Stamford is getting near to the annual horse trials and so, as expected, the town is getting busier. Matthew and I still managed to get around okay, but just incase you struggle with Parking do take note of the second car park - Bathrow.

We walked the following route taking the occasional photo just to check timing:

From Central Tea Rooms...
Across Red Lion Square to...
All Saints Church and behind to...
Barnhill back into...
Red Lion Square then
Red Lion Street and up into...
Broad Street
Saint Paul’s street to St Paul’s Chapel
Back down into the high street
Maiden Lane
St Georges Square/Church
Albert Road
Across the white foot bridge (that someone has painted white and green!)
Water Street
Back into St Martins Cross Roads
George hotel
Up to St Martins Church
Back to George hotel and along station row.
We decided not to go to the Station today but instead made our way..
Across the meadows via the footbridges
Along Bath Row and the Bath House
Into Sheep Market
Cattle Street
St Mary's Street and then back...
Left and down past St Mary's Church to the Town Bridge and then back
Along Wharf Road to the car park.
We then drove to Burghley along Barnack Road, though the town traffic was very busy.

It was a beautiful day yesterday and Burghley had many visitors, but there is more than enough free parking. The tents for the Horse Trials are already up and everywhere was a buzz with activity.

I'll will aim to post any update to details by early evening Friday.

If you would like to PM me final confirmation and maybe your mobile number for contact on the day that would be really good. Brian has asked for email details to help build a report for the UKPSG, so please include if you wish in you PM.

I'm really looking forward to next Saturday. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Graydon

Jonesgj
25th August 2009, 06:57 PM

Brian Mosley (UKPSG) - Confirmed
Chris Cooper (DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
Graydon Jones(E-System/DSLR user/UKPSG) - Confirmed
Simon / Tracey (UKPSG) - Confirmed AM
JonathonH - Confirmed AM
HughOfBardField (E-System)- Confirmed (But waiting pass!)
Ian (E-System) - Confirmed
Nick Webster (UKPSG) - Confirmed

If you could PM me your mobile I'll send you mine by return.

I have a webpage with the Google Map here:

http://sites.google.com/site/graydon63/Home/photomeet

and a downloadable PDF of the itinerary and a map of central Stamford here:

http://sites.google.com/site/graydon...otomeet/thepdf

I will post a revised version of the PDF by Friday night if necessary.

Jonesgj
26th August 2009, 08:10 AM
Added Rod Souter (OUKPSG) - Confirmed

Thanks to those who have PM'd their mobile numbers. I will only use these for contact on the day.

Kind regards

Graydon

Ian
26th August 2009, 12:32 PM
Is there any of this kit that I don't need to bring along? :)

I will definitely bring:

E-30
E-620
E-450
E-P1 + both m.Zuiko lenses
Four Thirds/Micro Four Thirds mount adapter
Panasonic G1 w/kit lens
90-250
14-35
7-14
9-18
50-200 SWD
70-300
50 macro
EC-20
EC-14

Do I need to bring

14-54 Mk1
11-22
Panasonic Leica 14-50 f/3.5-5.6
14-42
40-150 Mk2

Is anything else required?

Ian

I'm a late addition (glutton for punishment - I'm going to the South Wales mee too :D)

I will be bringing my goody bag with me, with kit for anyone interested to try on the day, including:

7-14 f/4
9-18
11-22
14-54 (Mk1)
14-42
14-50 f/3.5-5.6 Panasonic Leica
12-60
25 f/2.8 pancake
40-150 Mk2
50 f/2 macro
70-300
50-200 SWD
14-35 f/2 SWD
90-250 f/2.8
E-620
E-30
E-450

and

E-P1 with M.Zuiko 14-42
17 f/2.8 pancake
Four Thirds mount adapter

Let me know if there is anything else not on the list and I will see if I can borrow any spares from Olympus.

Ian

HughofBardfield
26th August 2009, 12:59 PM
Any chance of the 8mm at all Ian? I hesitate to mention it as you'll already need a wheelbarrow for the stuff you've listed!

Ian
26th August 2009, 02:21 PM
Any chance of the 8mm at all Ian? I hesitate to mention it as you'll already need a wheelbarrow for the stuff you've listed!

Rats, I don't think that will be possible this time - does anyone else have an 8mm fisheye to bring along?

A 150mm f/2 requested for the Wales meet is on its way to me today, so I will bring that along. At last I will have a VF-1 for the E-P1's 17mm pancake too.

Ian

theMusicMan
26th August 2009, 03:27 PM
Ne ne ne neh neh... we'll have an 8mm fish-eye at the South Wales meet :) Tee hee!

sorry!

Jonesgj
26th August 2009, 04:56 PM
Ne ne ne neh neh... we'll have an 8mm fish-eye at the South Wales meet :) Tee hee!

sorry!

"It's people like you that cause unrest..." Monty Python

theMusicMan
26th August 2009, 05:02 PM
:p :) Sorry Graydon... couldn't resist.

On a more serious note, it looks as though you're going to have a cracker of a day - and you've done a grand job at organising this day out.

Don't forget - we need to see pics OK... :)*chr

Jonesgj
26th August 2009, 05:14 PM
:p :) Sorry Graydon... couldn't resist.

On a more serious note, it looks as though you're going to have a cracker of a day - and you've done a grand job at organising this day out.

Don't forget - we need to see pics OK... :)*chr

John I meant to put a smiley after the Monty Python comment. On the up-side it's one less lens for Hugh to put in his wheel barrow.

I was also going to say "You've no idea how stressed I have suddenly become. Checking the weather every so many minutes." but you've probably done this all before. :)

And you want photos too! :eek:

Graydon

Jonesgj
26th August 2009, 06:37 PM
Here's an interesting tip for you. On the run-up to the Burghley Horse Trials in Stamford, the Town centre gets very busy. Last weekend it was a little congested which reminded me of the days when I had to employ cunning detours to save me stressing myself too much.

Here's a suggested route from our suggested car parks to Burghley park. Believe it or not I have used this route to get round stamford when I used to work 'outside' as a service engineer. A colleague got stuck in Stamford but I used this detour (which took about 15 miniutes) and arrived a full 50 minutes before he did. This was at the height of Burghley week, but thought I might post - just in case and working on the basis if I share this you wont need it!

Click here for long but stress-free 15 minute Detour (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104264575567539001612.0004720f6f500d92eef9b&ll=52.648193,-0.469794&spn=0.019554,0.055575&t=h&z=15)

alert_bri
27th August 2009, 07:24 PM
Simon Angier has an 8mm FE lens... All we need is some nice weather :)

Cheers

Brian

Jonesgj
28th August 2009, 07:15 AM
With 24 hours to go ....

Have I forgotten anything?

Is there anything more I can do?

Weather for tomorrow is sunny intervals - better than full-on sun?

I should be about today to answer any questions, and final peek on here will be around 10.30 tonight - just in case.

Off to lie down ... well off to work now

Regards

Graydon

jonesy
28th August 2009, 07:19 AM
Good luck tomorrow (tho I'm sure you wont need luck)

Hope you all have a fantastic day.. and YES we want photographs.

(I really wish I was able to come :( , Stamford is a town that I never been able to visit... every time I plan on going, something always happens, its been that way since I was about 10 years old and my dads car broke down on the way)

The Saint
28th August 2009, 09:21 PM
Hugh

I'll have the fisheye in the bag if you want to give it a try.

Regards

Simon

MartyG
29th August 2009, 02:48 PM
Breakfast

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_f4nrU4C8x2o/SplAmZrAwjI/AAAAAAAAFh0/jZU5mhQ1uyQ/s400/IMG_3336.JPG

Photographing fish at Burghley

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_f4nrU4C8x2o/Spk_AN0_vII/AAAAAAAAFhY/lWYQrqkAVhw/s400/IMG_7477.JPG

Burghley House

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_f4nrU4C8x2o/SplBsk_YFrI/AAAAAAAAFiQ/CSe9GExxFaI/s400/IMG_7354.JPG

Ian
29th August 2009, 10:37 PM
I've opened a new gallery category for pictures from today's meet that everyone who attended can upload images to, see:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/820

Just about to post some of my shots from today there myself :)

Ian

Trausti Hraunfjord
29th August 2009, 10:45 PM
Breakfast

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_f4nrU4C8x2o/SplAmZrAwjI/AAAAAAAAFh0/jZU5mhQ1uyQ/s400/IMG_3336.JPG

They really eat paper napkins for breakfast in Stamford?

Photographing fish at Burghley

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_f4nrU4C8x2o/Spk_AN0_vII/AAAAAAAAFhY/lWYQrqkAVhw/s400/IMG_7477.JPG

Good to know... my first impression was that one of the attendees had fallen in, and the others were documenting the accident by shooting pictures of the life/death situation.

Burghley House

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_f4nrU4C8x2o/SplBsk_YFrI/AAAAAAAAFiQ/CSe9GExxFaI/s400/IMG_7354.JPG

Too modest... to call it a "house"... this is more like a "castle" in my world view.

Comments not to be taken too seriously... ;)

Ian
29th August 2009, 10:55 PM
Thankyou again to Graydon for persuading us all to turn out - I think a great day was had by all.

Here is one shot that I have posted to the Members Meet (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/820) gallery:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/820/P8292378-2.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/17295)

I will be posting more tomorrow!

Ian

Jonesgj
10th October 2009, 09:31 PM
All,

I recall us taking a group photo when we were in the courtyard at Burghley House.

I haven't seen it posted, but would really like to have a copy if it was possible.

Regards

Graydon

mike_j
10th October 2009, 09:56 PM
Graydon,

Posted earlier:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/egroup.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/17273)

Drop me an email if you want a fulll resolution copy of this or the other shot I took.

Mike

Jonesgj
11th October 2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks Mike. Yes I loved to have a good copy of the pics.

Kind regards

Graydon