PDA

View Full Version : Updating problems_help please?

terryw
28th July 2009, 10:55 AM
I've just updated Master 2 to V 2.2..so far so good. I then tried to update my E-30 + 9-18 lens. PROBLEM.... a little window saying that the camera was not connected together with please check the USB cable and connection. This I did using several USB ports and each time the same message. I checked the PC for connections and sure enough the E-30 showed up as removable drive E.

I then tried my E-1 + 18-180 lens. Same "not connected" message and once again the PC did recognise the connection. I also tried using the Viewer software that originally came with the E-1 and yet again "not connected".

I used the USB cables that were provided with each of the cameras, since the camera end connection for each is different.

I am obviously missing something here even after reading and re-reading the E-30 manual's relevant pages.

Can anyone throw some light on my pr:confused:blem please?

Terry

Shaw
28th July 2009, 11:47 AM
On the E-3, when you connect to PC, you must click the storage option on the camera LCD monitor

Stewart

EH1
28th July 2009, 11:55 AM
On the E-3, when you connect to PC, you must click the storage option on the camera LCD monitor

Stewart

I suggest you uninstall it, then re-install & hopefully it will work!;)

OlyPaul
29th July 2009, 03:01 PM

Stewart

Its the same for the E-30 as I have updated mine.

But you do sometimes get that message if the internet connection to the Oly update is less than perfect and I have some times had to try quite a few times before connecting.

Ians Tata
29th July 2009, 05:08 PM
The same thing happens with me when I try to transfer images from my e-510 to Master. I am not doing anything different than I was before. I thought it was the cable too and have just been transferring with a card reader, which actually is easier. It never occurred to me that it might have been the update, because it would happen on occasion before and then would work on subsequent attempts, but now I can't get it to work at all. The funny thing is that there was nothing on the update that is of use to me anyway.
Jeff

terryw
30th July 2009, 07:11 PM
Many thanks to all who gave advice.

Success! The E-30 and 9-18/18-180 now have updated firmware for their operation. It was the "Storage" tip that did the trick.

Thanks again.

Terry

Shaw
31st July 2009, 09:35 AM
Glad that you have got it sorted.

Stewart