PDA

View Full Version : Back from repair

andym
16th July 2009, 12:58 PM
I know we had some debate the other week about the best way to return camera's to Oly ie direct or via your dealer.
My E3 came back today after sending it direct in just over 3 weeks.Everything seems in order,the repair form said viewfinder fault corrected and thats all.It was sent in for the F-- probem where body cannot communicate with the lens.:confused:
I had a small scratch on the focus screen which also seems to have gone so the might have even put a new screen in.

Anyway so far so good.

Anyway one question,as it came back with all the settings at default I have been setting it up again and I notice that the noise reduction ie dark frame subtraction default is on.Now in the past I have always set this to off.
I believe this does not come in to play until the exposure is over 2 seconds so would the best setting be on?
How do other members have it set?

PS Jonesy I have seem you PM and will have a look later today.

EH1
16th July 2009, 01:17 PM
I have mine set to ON! However Im not saying thats correct:D Good question, someone on here will no-doubt give us an answer:confused:

Graham_of_Rainham
16th July 2009, 01:20 PM
That all sound like good news.

As for the NR, I turn things on when I need them. Also it's one less symbol on the screen to distract my attention.

*chr

andym
16th July 2009, 01:33 PM
As for the NR, I turn things on when I need them. Also it's one less symbol on the screen to distract my attention.

*chr

Yes that's the way I tend to go.

Ian
16th July 2009, 01:57 PM
The only reason I can see for not having Noise Reduction enabled is if you just can't wait for the lenth of the process to take place after each shot (basically double the time of the actual exposure).

I've never checked this, but does anyone know off the top of their head whether or not the RAW file is affected or if this is just for JPEGs?

Ian

StephenL
16th July 2009, 02:30 PM
Yes, it operates on RAWs as well as Jpegs.

The only reason I can see for not having Noise Reduction enabled is if you just can't wait for the lenth of the process to take place after each shot (basically double the time of the actual exposure).

I've never checked this, but does anyone know off the top of their head whether or not the RAW file is affected or if this is just for JPEGs?

Ian