PDA

View Full Version : howdy all

Crippledsandwich
9th July 2009, 10:46 PM
just would like to say hello i use talk photography forums as well, and since i have recently brought an e520 i was recommended to become a member over here

theMusicMan
9th July 2009, 11:31 PM
Wehey... you found us then eh? Welcome... not as many people on here as TP, but nonetheless there are many Olympus users who are expert photographers and are always willing to lend a hand and offer friendly advice & help.

What's your intended area of photography then...? what are you going to enjoy taking shots of...? family, pets, people, nature et al...?

I also see you have already been looking at extending your lens portfolio eh... you need to be careful as it really does grab you by the short and curlies.

Anyway... welcome again and we all look forward to your shots.

jonesy
10th July 2009, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the forum.

There always seems to be plenty of great advice here, and the "natives" are friendly :)

Zuiko
11th July 2009, 04:17 AM
It's easier to find your way around here, on TP I feel lost in the crowd and poor old jonesy would forever be getting the Google Chrome "Ooops" as she frantically tried to refresh all those new posts that come in at an alarming rate! :D

TP does it bigger, we do it better.

.....bit like Canon and Olympus really. *smug

Having said that, why can't we have a dancing banana in our Smilies? :(

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough, welcome to the forum! :)

Trausti Hraunfjord
11th July 2009, 04:45 AM
Welcome Mr./Ms. (?) Crippledsandwich. It's kind of weird for me to welcome anyone to these boards, since I am such a new arrival myself.

I decided upon a landing place here, because this is a place where every word counts, and that is what matters. Bigger forums.... the posts arrive and go into oblivion in a few minutes, and no one can keep up with what's happening. Here it's going at a human pace, and that's what I like.

Zuiko
11th July 2009, 05:00 AM
Welcome Mr./Ms. (?) Crippledsandwich. It's kind of weird for me to welcome anyone to these boards, since I am such a new arrival myself.

I decided upon a landing place here, because this is a place where every word counts, and that is what matters. Bigger forums.... the posts arrive and go into oblivion in a few minutes, and no one can keep up with what's happening. Here it's going at a human pace, and that's what I like.

Well said, Trausti, but there's always room for new members! :)

Trausti Hraunfjord
11th July 2009, 05:20 AM
There is, and should be room for everyone. Some people prefer "more action" in forums... I like it better when things are moving less hectic. In life, I avoid stress, and do what I want when I feel like it.

From what I have seen (and "felt") these forums are perfectly aligned with my way of life, and probably they are equally perfect for other members (especially the long time ones :) )

Crippledsandwich
11th July 2009, 10:05 PM
Wehey... you found us then eh? Welcome... not as many people on here as TP, but nonetheless there are many Olympus users who are expert photographers and are always willing to lend a hand and offer friendly advice & help.

What's your intended area of photography then...? what are you going to enjoy taking shots of...? family, pets, people, nature et al...?

I also see you have already been looking at extending your lens portfolio eh... you need to be careful as it really does grab you by the short and curlies.

Anyway... welcome again and we all look forward to your shots.

yeah finally made it lol, thanks for the link as well. i always loved going out into town and taking street scenes and architecture, but i think i might do a bit of landscapes as well.

i have a few old OM lenses so I'm going to get an adaptor and a wider angle OM lens and try out some shoot

bloody typicality though that the weekend i have free to try out the camera it rains lol

Crippledsandwich
11th July 2009, 10:08 PM
i agree the slower pace of life in forums suits me too. when i use TP i spend half of my time searching where my last post or thread was