PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

spark
28th June 2009, 10:04 PM
My name is steven and I'm a 46 year old Scots schoolteacher. I enjoy taking photos and started out with a samsung 660K then graduated to an Olympus C300 which was broken and replaced with an E-300 *G* then I added a mju 760 so I could take it everywhere with me. I wouldn't say I'm a great photographer but I enjoy it when I get round to it which isn't as often as I'd like to. I enjoy reading (just about anything except romances), listening to music and nosing around on the internet. My latest 'acquisition' is an epson R1900 which I hope will encourage me to print some more rather than letting my pics hide away on my hard drive. I use pspX2 and find it serves my needs (not to mention fitting my budget!).

Rod Souter
28th June 2009, 10:17 PM
Welcome Steven,

I am a retired state registered torturer of children:D:D

You will find this site a very friendly place, populated by knowledgeable folks who are willing to help.

So post your photos in the gallery, ask your questions and enjoy!

Rod

spark
28th June 2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome rod, I'll probably look around first, scare myself silly then post anyway.

Andrew Riddell
28th June 2009, 10:47 PM
Don't do that, Steven! You'll get a friendlier response to even the most obvious (at least to others!) quetions here than you could ever imagine. Welcome!

Andrew

theMusicMan
29th June 2009, 05:41 AM
Hi there Steven, welcome to e-group.

Andrew is spot on - we all here love looking at photos and offering friendly advice if it's wanted/needed. You can be sure of help and support from the excellent members on here.

spark
29th June 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the welcome Andrew and Musicman and its nice to hear that there are still forums around where questions actually get answered sensibly.

jonesy
30th June 2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome Andrew and Musicman and its nice to hear that there are still forums around where questions actually get answered sensibly.
Welcome!
I can vouch for the sensible answers.
I am a relative new member here and my questions have been answered in a very sensible and timely manner :)

spark
2nd July 2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome Jonesy, and the reassurance that this forum is different from the less than satisfactory ones I've tried in the past *s*