PDA

View Full Version : Double exposure

Ijay37
12th January 2008, 04:30 PM
I have had my E-3 about 3-4 weeks and on about 5 or 6 occasions I have fired the shutter and it has gone of twice as though I had multiple exposures set, I am certain that I have had single shot set nor have I had Brkt set the next shot only fires once even when holding the shutter button down.
Has anyone else had the same experience?
John

PS I can't repeat this on demand, it just occasionally happens.

Ray Shotter
12th January 2008, 05:21 PM
I have had my E-3 about 3-4 weeks and on about 5 or 6 occasions I have fired the shutter and it has gone of twice as though I had multiple exposures set, I am certain that I have had single shot set nor have I had Brkt set the next shot only fires once even when holding the shutter button down.
Has anyone else had the same experience?
John

PS I can't repeat this on demand, it just occasionally happens.

Yes it happened twice to me today when I was using my 50-200mm lens at full focal length - but I put it down to my left hand shaking a bit while holding up the heavy lens and, as I always press the firing button half-way with my right fore-finger before shooting, then I may have pressed it again unintentionally.

Dick Bowman
12th January 2008, 05:51 PM
Had this from time to time with my E-1, it's happened with the E-3 as well.

I've tended to put it down to a combination of the shutter button being a bit "hair trigger" and me trembling a bit in my doddery dotage.

Ijay37
13th January 2008, 12:46 PM
Does this mean the 3 of us should be taking beta blockers :D

PeterD
13th January 2008, 12:54 PM

Thank goodness for IS;):D

PeterD

Ray Shotter
13th January 2008, 12:58 PM

Very probably or something similar !!!