PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Bonsaidad
27th June 2009, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone, i am Paul a new member as you have gathered, and i am 60 years old *yes, i am retired and have been for some ten years due to ill health.
I have been interested in photography for some six months, and knew absolutely nothing when i started, i still know bugger all, but i am learning.

I wanted to learn how to take images of Bonsai correctly, but was bitten hard by the photography bug, and had to investigate other subjects further.
Macro interests me quite a lot, although i have a long way to go to get reasonably good at it, still all in good time!.
I look forward to conversing with you all through the postings, and hope you can give me some advice on photography in general.

Best regards Paul

theMusicMan
27th June 2009, 06:33 AM
Hi Paul, welcome to e-group. Where in South Wales are you - I'm from the area too, as are a few other members on here.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your pics - don't forget we have a free gallery where you can upload your images.

EH1
27th June 2009, 12:30 PM
Welcome Paul! You have`nt said what camera & lenses you have so far?:)

Ian
27th June 2009, 12:43 PM
Welcome Paul! You have`nt said what camera & lenses you have so far?:)

It's all in his forum profile :)

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/member.php?u=955

Ian

EH1
27th June 2009, 12:49 PM
It's all in his forum profile :)

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/member.php?u=955

IanOh yeah! :D

Bonsaidad
27th June 2009, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the great welcome.

As you have read by now, i own a E-420 with 17.5 to 45mm kit lens, a 40 to 150mm Mk 1 lens, and a 35mm Macro lens.
I use both a tripod and mono-pod, as i am none to steady with my hands and end up with blurred images.
Thanks for telling me that you have a gallery, and as soon as is possible i will load my photos for viewing.

Best regards Paul

EH1
28th June 2009, 12:23 PM
Well Paul you should be able to get some nice shots of Bonsai with the 35mm macro*yes its an excellent lens!;)

grumpy69
30th June 2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Paul, glad you took my advise I am sure you will enjoy the members on this site they are a good bunch. John

Bonsaidad
1st July 2009, 12:03 AM
A big thanks to everyone again for the welcome, and Grumpy69 thanks for the intro.
I hope to learn loads more about my camera, and maybe this will then reflect in my photography work.

Best regards Paul