PDA

View Full Version : New versions of Olympus Master and Studio software

Ian
26th June 2009, 01:54 PM
Although the update option for existing users in the software is not showing an update available, new versions of Master 2 and Studio 2 are available to download from:

http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/208_software.cfm

You need to have registered with the Olympus website in order to access these downloads.

Olympus Master 2.11 is replaced by version 2.2 and Olympus Studio 2.22 is replaced by version 2.3.

We haven't tested then yet, but E-P1 compatibility should be there, and better support for the E-30, E-620, and E-450.

Ian

stevednp3
26th June 2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Ian

I cant see it available on the site and if I update via Studio, it says im upto date and im currently on version 2.22

Cheers

Steve

Melaka
26th June 2009, 06:36 PM
I've tried updating Oly Master 2.11 but it says I am up to date.

Ian
26th June 2009, 06:54 PM
You need to be logged in to the Olympus website. You can get to the login prompt via the registration link. If you aren't registered, then you need to register!

While the full applications are available as downloads, the update option in earlier versions are not, as you have discovered, seeing an update download yet.

Ian

stevednp3
27th June 2009, 06:29 PM
Ah yes I got it now, but I have to reinstall the whole program, worth doing I think as studio 2.22 has been very buggy with my e-30

Thanks again Ian

Ian
27th June 2009, 08:29 PM
Ah yes I got it now, but I have to reinstall the whole program, worth doing I think as studio 2.22 has been very buggy with my e-30

Thanks again Ian

I just ran the install over ther existing installation - works fine :)

No need to enter the licence key again (for Studio).

Ian

beyond_words
2nd July 2009, 10:50 AM
Just a heads-up: the update is now available from within Studio (and I assume Master, too). Wishful thinking, I know, but is it just me, or does it seem a little faster..?

Regards,

Graeme

stevednp3
2nd July 2009, 11:11 AM
I've done the update on the full studio to 2.3 and hoped it would be faster, but I still find it sluggish on vista, its like it keeps pausing when it has to perform an action

paulf
7th January 2012, 02:27 PM
never been a fan of olympus master

Frank N Furter
7th January 2012, 04:19 PM
E-5 not listed in the drop down of camera models lol

Greytop
7th January 2012, 05:11 PM
This is an old thread :)

Graham_of_Rainham
7th January 2012, 05:51 PM
This is an old thread :)

However, I've just updated my Studio S/W to version 2.3 and the release notes say:

Ver. 2.3 April 30, 2009
* Support for "E-P1"
* Support for "MICRO FOUR THIRDS SYSTEM"
* Added "Art Filter" function to "RAW Development" and "Image Edit" windows.
* Added "e-PORTRAIT" and "BEAUTY FIX" function.
* Added the function to edit (Capture/Cut/Merge) movies taken by the camera.
* Fixed the problem that the application might not start in the environment installed the application such as "Visual Studio 2008".

Does this mean that the camera control will work on the E-P1 *???