PDA

View Full Version : How to enable?

SkinHead
25th June 2009, 10:43 PM
Hi all,
I am using Photoshop elements 5. How does one enable the Correct camera distortion function? I have the book by scott kelby but it doesn't seem to have the instructions for it or it just be me....:o
Thanks
Jude

snaarman
26th June 2009, 06:53 AM
I have PSE5.. You can use image/transform/perspective or distort but these just mess with the geometry. If you want to correct for lens distortion or straighten out leaning buildings the (IMHO) PTlens is the answer.

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

Its a fairly low cost plugin and stand alone application that does loads of essential stuff if you want the very best from your image. It can automatically correct for a range of Zuiko digital lenses (it reads the exif so it knows what you were using). You can also do corrections for perspective and rotation and even clean up any colour fringes (except we know Zuikos don't have that problem).

There isn't anything like this built in to PSE5, so far as I can see.

Regards

Pete

SkinHead
26th June 2009, 11:18 AM
Hi pete,
Thanks for your help. The plug-in is definitely very handy and useful and its not that expensive as well. Ill have a play around for the meantime, thanks again!
Jude

OlyPaul
27th June 2009, 08:55 AM
In PSE6 it is under Filter > Correct Camera Distortion, not sure if or where it is in 5 since its been so long since i used it. :)