PDA

View Full Version : Repair Advise

andym
16th June 2009, 02:26 PM
My E3 has developed a problem and I need to send it in for repair.
Has anyone taken cameras to Olympus or is it easier to send it by post.
I know they used to be at Watford which is not to far for me but had herd that they were moving.

Thanks in advance.

Ps in the mean time I'll use the E1;)

PPS not had to use Olympus repair before so any tips welcome.

oly_om
16th June 2009, 03:41 PM
I'd call Luton Camera Repair (they are very helpful). If it's something they can diagnose over the phone, they can order the parts and you can either drop it in or post it. They were very good about sorting my E-3 out recently. You might want to use http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html and find out if there are any damage codes showing (if it works enough to do that).

Andy

theMusicMan
16th June 2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Andy

I recently visited Black and White camera repairs in Bristol. I am not sure which is closer... but perhaps you could give them a call?

Dick Bowman
16th June 2009, 04:21 PM
Assuming it's under warranty (E-3, 2 years, should be) the "right" thing to do is return it via your dealer.

I did just that myself on 2 June (LCE Strand) and collected the repaired body this afternoon - two week turnround.

andym
16th June 2009, 10:19 PM
I,ve got the problem that a lot of people have had ie the body loses comm's with the lens ie F=-- and the cameara wont focus.
It will will clear sometimes if I push the lens release button a few time or if I remove the lens with the camera powered up.

It should be under 2 year warrenty as I got it in Nov 2007.Not sure how interested the dealer will be ie Digital depot as they dont seem to have a very good relationship with Oly nowadays.

Might phone customer support tomorrow and see what happens.

DTD
16th June 2009, 11:38 PM
I've used Olympus repairs before, generally been pretty happy I know the company recently relocated to Southend, so I assume this includes the servicing department? If I remember correctly you sort out the repair through the UK web site.