PDA

View Full Version : Hello From West Texas

lucian
14th June 2009, 02:07 AM
I found this site quite by accident. It seems like a nice place. I and my family spent three wonderful years in Scotland in the 80's. My wife kept a diary and it rained every Sunday we were there. Rain here is a celebrated event. Currently it is 9:00 PM and 97*F - hot.

In 2007 I got an E-500. My daughter has one that she is using for all her work - weddings, portraits, kids - and loves it. I'm still getting used to it, probably because I keep comparing it to my E-20.

I recently returned to the photo department at work. I was doing admin in the video section as well as some shooting and editing but still photography is a lot more fun.

I get to retire next March and then I plan on spending a lot more time out of the studio and in the field.

PeterD
14th June 2009, 04:36 AM
I found this site quite by accident. It seems like a nice place. I and my family spent three wonderful years in Scotland in the 80's. My wife kept a diary and it rained every Sunday we were there. Rain here is a celebrated event. Currently it is 9:00 PM and 97*F - hot.

In 2007 I got an E-500. My daughter has one that she is using for all her work - weddings, portraits, kids - and loves it. I'm still getting used to it, probably because I keep comparing it to my E-20.

I recently returned to the photo department at work. I was doing admin in the video section as well as some shooting and editing but still photography is a lot more fun.

I get to retire next March and then I plan on spending a lot more time out of the studio and in the field.

Welcome to the site Lucian. I too own a E500 and still use it regularly. It was to be a spare body but it is equiped with the Sigma 150 Macro lens and is used for all my macro work. Superb camera.
I hope you enjoy your time with us and I am glad you found us. I took early retirement 6 years ago and love it:D. It's time to spoil yourself and really do the thinks you want to.
Peter

theMusicMan
14th June 2009, 06:31 AM
Welcome to the site Lucian, glad you managed to find it. I do envy you your weather I have to say, though to be honest... it's not quite 97deg here at the moment, but it is warm, clear and sunny.

Look forward to seeing some of your shots.

John

EH1
14th June 2009, 12:19 PM
Welcome Lucian! I used to have a E-500 before I changed to E-3`s. It is the only camera I regret selling:(It`s reliability & results are fantastic)*yes

lucian
28th June 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've done a bit of living history at our local calvary fort of the Indian Wars years (1880's). I'll try and post some of them in the future.

I also do a lot of "montage style" work using layers, type and graphics. I'll try posting some of them next week. In the meantime my better half limits my time on the computer - wants me IN the computer room tidying things up. So much for my fun time. Back to the broom and bin.