PDA

View Full Version : Are there any lens hire firms that do 4/3??

willnabby
11th June 2009, 11:13 PM
It seems everywhere that does lens hire only stock Canon/Nikon?,

I wanted to hire a 500 or more lens for the british grand prix weekend,
my biggest lens is a 70-300 & although I was pleased with alot of the shots I got at last years GP it would have been better to get a bit 'closer' to the action some of the time, I did look into getting a teleconverter but from what I understand it'll be no good with my 70-300 lens,

Does anyone on the forum hire their lenses out I was wondering?, I know it's probably a big ask but the worst answer I could hear would be no at the end of the day.

benvendetta
12th June 2009, 12:50 PM
There have been a few posts about this during the past six months. I think that moves are afoot to estblish something between Olympus and a selected number of the major dealers (that are big on Oly). And I think there may already be a store somewhere that already does this off their own backs but I can't remember who they are. Try searching the forum.

Graham_of_Rainham
12th June 2009, 01:50 PM
It seems everywhere that does lens hire only stock Canon/Nikon?,

I wanted to hire a 500 or more lens for the british grand prix weekend,
my biggest lens is a 70-300 & although I was pleased with alot of the shots I got at last years GP it would have been better to get a bit 'closer' to the action some of the time, I did look into getting a teleconverter but from what I understand it'll be no good with my 70-300 lens,

Does anyone on the forum hire their lenses out I was wondering?, I know it's probably a big ask but the worst answer I could hear would be no at the end of the day.

It's always a gamble but I have bought things on ebay, used them for a while then sold them on. Any loss I view as a hire fee and once made a small profit :)

dbutch
12th June 2009, 02:15 PM
I believe it was mentioned that Calumet would be stocking them at some point this year! their online brochure doesn't show any but it may be worth a call as the brochure says 2008/09 so may be out of date

Cheers

Dave

davidr
6th August 2009, 10:21 AM
hey there, I read this thread and remembered that I once have hired an air conditioner (http://www.erento.co.uk/hire/tools-equipment/heating-conditioning/air-conditioner/) on a website, and I thought that maybe you find what you are looking for hiring. I do not know if it works, but maybe it is worth a try. :) i am not the type of guy ordering or hiring at ebay. I do not really like that very much actually. it annoys me somehoe. :)

benvendetta
6th August 2009, 11:09 AM
What mount fittings are air con units made in? ;)

EH1
6th August 2009, 11:47 AM
Does this guy know something we don`t:confused: I have alrady got an air conditioning unit, but I can`t see how to attach it to my camera!:D:D

Ian
6th August 2009, 12:31 PM
Seems like a cool idea? :D Or should that be - it would take really cool shots... <groan!> :rolleyes::eek:*laugh

Ian

Ian
6th August 2009, 01:19 PM
Back onto a serious note, London Camera Exchange (LCE) Norwich had been mooted as working to set up an E-System hire facility, but I have checked with then and it's not yet happened. I am digging around and will let you know if I have any more news.

Ian

EH1
6th August 2009, 02:34 PM
I`ve searched ebay! There are plenty of OM to 4/3 adapters, but unfortunately no A/C to 4/3 adapters!:D