PDA

View Full Version : Hello folks

Pensionista
5th June 2009, 07:14 PM
I'm Dave. I've been taking photos since I was a boy (eons ago) but I'm new to the forum world. I only joined the ranks of Olympus users in February 2009, when I bought my E-3 at 'Focus on Imaging' at the NEC. I migrated from Digilux3 and now after splurging on some quality Oly glass, I'll have to calm down and just use it for a while. The E-3 suits me very well and I don't regret preferring it over the E-30 (which may seem contrary) but 'hands on' it just felt right in the hand and at the eye. I can keep my specs on and still see the whole frame (a first for me). Put it down to personal feedback from the camera. I enjoy it every time I pick it up. After studying advice appearing on the forums and reading the Wrotniak articles to help me understand the manual(!) I feel at home with it and hope I can post images as good as some of yours.

Rod Souter
5th June 2009, 07:24 PM
Welcome Dave, you will find the people on here very helpful and always willing to give advice.

regards

Rod

Howi
5th June 2009, 09:13 PM
Hi - my feelings same as yours, welcome to the world of 4/3, lots of friendly advice and help here and over at fourthirdsuser and fourthirds-photo.
E-3 is the bee's knees, E-30 didn't impress me, neither did the E-620, far too gimmicky - I need art filters like I need a hole in the head *zzz
Might be a steep learning curve but 'No pain no gain' - enjoy!

EH1
5th June 2009, 09:15 PM
Welcome Dave! You definately made the right choice of buying an E-3 over the E-30!;)............................I`ve probably just upset some E-30 owners:D

Graham_of_Rainham
5th June 2009, 10:34 PM
Dave,

Welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing some of your work.

*chr

StephenL
6th June 2009, 06:52 AM
Welcome Dave! Wise choice!!

Pensionista
6th June 2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks one and all. I feel at home already.

skyman1
7th June 2009, 08:34 AM
Hi Dave welcome to the forum, I got an E1 then an E3 body, love them both still coming to grips with the E3 ,great forum here, hope you get on well with your E3 :)