PDA

View Full Version : DSLR User Review

Pete_VN52
10th January 2008, 09:09 PM
There's an 8 page review of the E3 in this months Dslr User mag.

Verdict is that "it's a serious contender for your cash and shouldn't be overlooked by Canon and Nikon badge snobs". Also says "will be looked back on with the fondness of old OMs of yester-year...really!"

Wish I could afford one!

Barr1e
10th January 2008, 11:05 PM
There's an 8 page review of the E3 in this months Dslr User mag.

Verdict is that "it's a serious contender for your cash and shouldn't be overlooked by Canon and Nikon badge snobs". Also says "will be looked back on with the fondness of old OMs of yester-year...really!"

Wish I could afford one!

It's pleasing to note how all reviews of the camera have been quite positive. Tongue in cheek of course.

Thanks for that.

Regards. Barr1e

dennisg
14th January 2008, 11:50 PM
I have also read in Shutterbug, that the E-3 is a very desirable DSLR. The review although detailed, did not give any scientific data points to see what the actual dynamic range is and other important facts needed to make an objective comparison to other makes amd models. Nevertheless, it is good to see that Olympus woke up and introduced a camera that has a lot of features not found on current models of the Olympus line.

In another note, I have downloaded a free RAW conversion program. Its name is RAW Therapee. It can be downloaded at www.RAWtherapee.com. Version 2.2 is now available. The software is user freindly, although I need to get familar with it.

From my earlier posting on the dynamic range for an Olympus E500, I took the suggestions to shoot in the RAW format and then process accordingly. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the processing of these images utilizing RAW Therapee were very good, and the colors had a lot of pop while the dynamic range seemed to have a wider range.

So thanks to those who replied with their suggestions. Try RAW Therappee! It's free and that's a good thing!:)

ciarank
18th January 2008, 05:22 PM
Another review for you all from the guys at Luminous Landscape..and very balanced it is too.

Ciaran
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/Olympus-E3.shtml