PDA

View Full Version : Blakeney Point, Norfolk - Seal Boat Trip - Saturday 18th July 2009

The Saint
4th June 2009, 07:31 AM
All

Just a quick note to say that I'm arranging an event with the Olympus Safari Group to see the seals and birds on Blakeney Point, Norfolk on Saturday 18th July.

If we have sufficient interest I hope to secure a boat for group, rather than go on a public trip. Therefore I'm asking everyone to confirm their interest in the event by the 14th June, so I have time to make the appropriate arrangements.

If anyone is interested in attending please visit the Olympus Safari Group site for further details (link) (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=106478543555192071681.000451a5a3d65746758d7&ll=52.95886,0.985202&spn=0.001577,0.004828&t=h&z=18)

or alternatively leave a comment/private message and I'll get back to you.

Regards

Simon

The Saint
13th July 2009, 07:42 AM
All

It looks like around 6-10 members of the Olympus Sarfari Group are going to be attending this weekends event at Blakeney Point, Norfolk to see the seals.

Subject to a favourable weather forecast, I'm going to resevre the seats on the boat tomorrow.

If anyone would like to join us, could you please post a reply or send a private message, by tonight (Monday 13th July)

If your partner/family/friends would like to attend please can you confirm this in your message, so I know how many places to book.

Further details can be found on the link previously posted.

Regards

Simon

HughofBardfield
13th July 2009, 12:38 PM
Would have loved to go on this... If the weather is OK, should be an opportunity for some great shots (some great places to eat around Blakeney as well... not to mention Cley Marshes a few miles away http://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/nature%20reserves/map-links/cley.htm). The whole area is very picturesque.

Unfortunately I have tickets for a concert in Cambridge that evening, or I'd definitely be up for it. I hope the sun shines on those who can go!

The Saint
13th July 2009, 12:47 PM
It's a pity you can't make it Hugh.

Like you say there are lots of lovely places to visit in the area.

I've been past Cley Marshes numerous times, but never stopped there.

Regards

Simon