PDA

View Full Version : 18th Challenge - IN MY GARDEN

shirley
1st June 2009, 08:21 AM
This challenge is called - IN MY GARDEN

This could be flora, fauna, people, garden implements, in fact anything that is found in YOUR garden. If you dont have a garden then a window box, driveway, pathway, yard or outdoor space that is attached to your home will all count.

The Rules

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between - 10.00 GMT Monday 1st June 2009 - and midnight Friday 19th June 2009 and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Saturday 20th June 2009 and voting will be completed by midnight Friday 26th June, giving just under 3 weeks to get entries in.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

a. Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
b. Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
c. Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
e. Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

a. Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote including those who submit entries.
b. Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
c. Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
d. Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please PM me with your image attached - I think this will work, let me know if you know different and I will make alternative arrangements.

Pictures to be included in this 18th Challenge must arrive in my PM inbox before midnight on Friday 19th June 2009.

Barr1e
1st June 2009, 06:05 PM
Great subject Shirley.

Regards. Barr1e

ndl0071
2nd June 2009, 04:56 PM
OK if I don't ask I will take me until the 19 June to work it out:rolleyes:

I give up, just how do PM an entry from an external source?

Any pointers will be gratefully received:)

Thanks.

shirley
2nd June 2009, 05:40 PM
OK if I don't ask I will take me until the 19 June to work it out:rolleyes:

I give up, just how do PM an entry from an external source?

Any pointers will be gratefully received:)

Thanks.

Hi Neil,
There are two ways of adding images, one via your E system gallery. Click on [Open] under my pics on RHS and click on the image you wish to add.

The other way is the use the Insert Image icon on the toolbar above the main body of the text (it looks like mountains in front of a yellow sky) - you add in the URL of the image and it should appear in the PM. This way you should be able to link to an external source.

I hope this is helpful, if you still have problems let me know
Shirley

snaarman
4th June 2009, 10:09 PM
OK, have pm'd my entry. Hope it survived :-)

Pete

shirley
5th June 2009, 08:42 PM
Entries trickling in and very interesting and innovative they are too.

Plenty of time to get out in your garden and add to the number, this looks like its going to be a close competition.

Even if you have never entered a challenge before - why not give it a go?

I look forward to being inundated in the coming days and weeks.

Shirley

shirley
9th June 2009, 06:00 PM
Just keeping this thread live.
I have a good crop of pics. Still plenty of time to get out there and take some stunning images, with the weather as it is at the moment we should have a good selction of wet, sunny, cloudy etc pics.

snaarman
16th June 2009, 07:43 AM
bump up :-)

Get yer entries in.. the Golden Hours are slipping away

Here is one I didn't enter: Unwelcome visitor :)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/622/090604170700104.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/16036)

Pete

shirley
16th June 2009, 09:39 AM
Yes indeed Pete.
I have a good entry so far. For anybody who has not yet entered, there is still time to get your pic to me. The weather is perfect for a foray into the garden with your camera and I look forward to a final last rush of entries.
Shirley

theMusicMan
16th June 2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Shirley - is 'from' your garden permitted...?

shirley
16th June 2009, 03:32 PM
I dont see why not.
Put it in, if people disagree they wont vote for it :D

theMusicMan
16th June 2009, 04:17 PM
I dont see why not.
Put it in, if people disagree they wont vote for it :DOkies, we'll see... :)

shirley
18th June 2009, 07:56 PM
Just over one day left to add your entry to the competition.
*yesLets make it a record entry!*yes

shirley
19th June 2009, 09:09 PM
Any last minute entries - voting will start in the morning

theMusicMan
19th June 2009, 09:13 PM
Any last minute entries - voting will start in the morning
I did try, honestly - but unfortunately, despite 60 images taken out the garden... nothing to write home about.:( If only I'd have waited a day to take my kids on trampoline shots!!

Good luck everyone who has entered.