PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

dabchick
24th May 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm glad I found this UK orientated forum specifically for the E Series. I'm getting a little frustrated at all the US dominated forums. I've got nothing against our cross atlantic cousins of course but its nice to be able to relate to things a little more locally.
I'm Tony and I've been using Oly DSLR's for about 3 years now and have never regretted my decision to buy into the Olympus brand. I currently own an E-1, E-330 and E-510 along with various ZD and legacy lenses.

StephenL
24th May 2009, 12:47 PM
Hi Tony, and welcome. You've come to the right place - there's little if any of the bickering that seems to go on at the US forums here.

dabchick
24th May 2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Tony, and welcome. You've come to the right place - there's little if any of the bickering that seems to go on at the US forums here.
Stephen, thanks, DPreview apart, its not so much the bickering, more the references to US stockists/places and the assumption that everyone resides in the US. Not a massive problem but sometimes makes it difficult to get the right advice etc. Its to be expected I guess, but its nice to find a more UK centric forum where the places that people take photographs are a little more meaningful. Once you've got over that barrier you've then got the Canikon brigade to contend with so UK and Olympus works for me. Nice gallery pics on your website by the way.

Barr1e
24th May 2009, 05:40 PM
Hi Tony -

Welcome - pleased you found us.

Regards. Barr1e

Jim Ford
24th May 2009, 06:17 PM
there's little if any of the bickering that seems to go on at the US forums here.

Oh yes there is!
;^)

Jim

P.S. Welcome to the forum 'dabchick'.

Barrie Norman
24th May 2009, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum I hope we can be of help.

Regards

Barrie

StephenL
25th May 2009, 08:27 AM
Oh no there isn't :p

Oh yes there is!
;^)

Jim

dabchick
25th May 2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks gents. I look forward to participating.

Tony

skyman1
25th May 2009, 09:03 AM
Oh no there isn't :p

He's behind you :eek:

and welcome to the forum Dabchick :)