PDA

View Full Version : remote shutter release cable

colin stares
18th May 2009, 04:56 PM
Hi does anyone know if there is a remote shutter release cable ie (RM-UC1)that will work with the E-500

Ian Grego
18th May 2009, 05:58 PM
Hello Colin

I dont know about a cable release but I have just checked the wireless remote I got off ebay, it does not list the E500 but it may be worth asking the question.

I am not very good at posting the link by that I mean I dont know how to do it so here is the item number, 220353792904.

I am very please with the working of mine very handy taking photos at the daughter wedding.

See what you think

Ian

EH1
18th May 2009, 06:12 PM
The RM-1 remote control will work with an e-500*yes

Jim Ford
18th May 2009, 06:30 PM
The RM-1 remote control will work with an e-500*yes

I find the RM-1 extremely unreliable and frustrating in use on the E3 - and yes, I'm aware of the zone you need to operate it within.

Jim

Graham_of_Rainham
18th May 2009, 07:44 PM
Hi does anyone know if there is a remote shutter release cable ie (RM-UC1)that will work with the E-500

I've DIYed an old air release to use on my one. Cost 5 off ebay inc P&P

*chr

Archphoto
18th May 2009, 08:23 PM
It will if you have the rectangular 10 pin connection at the back of your camera.
I have both the E410 and E520 and it works on both.

Peter

benvendetta
18th May 2009, 09:05 PM
I don't think that you can use anything other than the RM-1 with the E-500. There is no socket to plug a wired remote into. I use the RM-1 with both my E-500 and E-3 but how I wish there was a sensor on the back of the bodies. Close to the cameras the RM-1 works fine and is useful for timed exposures when you are near the camera. It doesn't work so well at a distance but I have the 'proper' wired remote for that. But I find that even this is a bit of a faff to use and so far I prefer the RM-1.

colin stares
20th May 2009, 08:48 AM
Hi to all that responded to my question, unfortunatelly there dos'nt appear to be a 10 pin socket anyware on my E-500, I just find it strangely annoying that olympus should have one on most of there other dslr's. I guess if i want to take photos from the rear of my camera i will have to purchase a tele lens.
Anyway enough of my wineing lets get on with getting the most out of what we got. Regards to all. Colin.

benvendetta
20th May 2009, 05:19 PM
Not sure what you mean about getting a tele lens? I would get an RM-1 (genuine verson) or a clone from EBay. I got the former for about 12 after I sold my C8080WZ, which had one with it.

Hi to all that responded to my question, unfortunatelly there dos'nt appear to be a 10 pin socket anyware on my E-500, I just find it strangely annoying that olympus should have one on most of there other dslr's. I guess if i want to take photos from the rear of my camera i will have to purchase a tele lens.
Anyway enough of my wineing lets get on with getting the most out of what we got. Regards to all. Colin.

colin stares
20th May 2009, 05:49 PM
Hi Benvandetta, I didn't explain very well. What i meant was that i would sometimes like to set up the camera on a tripod by a pond or bird feeder and sit back at a distance to capture an image, the rm-1 would work ok, (but I wanted to work from the back of the camera sometimes)only if i could get to the front of the camera without disturbing the subject.So i will use a zoom or telephoto lens to keep my distance instead when necessary.Regards. Colin

Dave
16th July 2009, 12:39 PM
I have just returned from a trip to my daughter's and got the chance to try my Hahnel remote control with her E500. Although the cable will fit the socket on the E500 the remote does NOT work. It would appear that Olympus has not put in the necessary connections. I might add that the Hahnel remote (model no HW433 OL80) is excellent and works well with my E510 and E30.

Hope this is useful.

Dave