PDA

View Full Version : 'Jet Local Life' Compeititon... only in selected areas though!!

theMusicMan
8th January 2008, 09:31 AM
http://www.jetlocal.co.uk/Competition+Regions/index.htm

Here's a competition being run by Jet, who seem to think it OK to only open the competition to people covering 'Local Life' (or images taken, can't tell) in certain parts of the country.

Looks like the whole of Wales is ineligible to enter, as is the North West, Gloucester, Wiltshire, Avon & Bristol.

I read about the competition on another forum, but as I don't post there I thought I'd mention it here. Being Welsh, with a love of the Lake District, Avon and Bristol :) - this really incensed me and so I decided to call the company. I found the number, called the switchboard - 01926 404000 - and they put me through to someone who is dealing with the competition, but I have actually forgotten her name sorry... Janet someone.

She explained to me totally non apologetically, that they are only opening the competition to photographers (or images taken in - she couldn't tell me which, but I guess it's photographers) from the areas where Jet has a prescence. She insulted me by saying that... and I quote... "People from Wales won't know who Jet are, so we haven't opened the competition for 'Local Life' in Wales..." - my gosh!!! what an insult and what a load of twaddle.

So, OK - if you live in one of the areas mentioned go for it, but if you, like me, are incensed at this prejudice, then perhaps you might like to give this lady a call and voice your disapproval as I did.

art frames
8th January 2008, 09:51 AM
http://www.jetlocal.co.uk/Competition+Regions/index.htm

Here's a competition being run by Jet, who seem to think it OK to only open the competition to people covering 'Local Life' (or images taken, can't tell) in certain parts of the country.

Looks like the whole of Wales is ineligible to enter, as is the North West, Gloucester, Wiltshire, Avon & Bristol.

I read about the competition on another forum, but as I don't post there I thought I'd mention it here. Being Welsh, with a love of the Lake District, Avon and Bristol :) - this really incensed me and so I decided to call the company. I found the number, called the switchboard - 01926 404000 - and they put me through to someone who is dealing with the competition, but I have actually forgotten her name sorry... Janet someone.

She explained to me totally non apologetically, that they are only opening the competition to photographers (or images taken in - she couldn't tell me which, but I guess it's photographers) from the areas where Jet has a prescence. She insulted me by saying that... and I quote... "People from Wales won't know who Jet are, so we haven't opened the competition for 'Local Life' in Wales..." - my gosh!!! what an insult and what a load of twaddle.

So, OK - if you live in one of the areas mentioned go for it, but if you, like me, are incensed at this prejudice, then perhaps you might like to give this lady a call and voice your disapproval as I did.

John

Don't fret it isn't just anti-wales (which I can understand)
It is also anti-northamptonshire (which I can also understand)

We do (or did) have Jet stations here so I presume they just ran out of the funding for the staggering array of prizes. :D

We grumpies should stick together. There may be a TV programme in it. ;)

PS have decided to scan the whole chapter from the book on reserves in Wales and will email it.

Peter