PDA

View Full Version : ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 in PC World

shenstone
16th May 2009, 04:04 PM
Just picked up one for 79 in PC world Cardiff (Newport Road if any locals are interested, they had 3 more in stock).

Whilst the original 1:3.5-4.5 is apparently technically optically better (now I have both I'll be able to compare and see if I can see the difference in real life). The fact is that the 1:4.0-5.6 has a much closer focus and is so much lighter making it a better travel lens for me.

If anyone has a PC world near them it's often worth looking for bargains as Oly used to have a close relationship with the Dixon's group

Regards
Andy

photo_owl
16th May 2009, 07:54 PM
will be interested in your assesment Andy

personally I would back the new one ....

benvendetta
17th May 2009, 08:22 PM
Currys are selling them for the same price too. I am waiting for the E-420 to be sold off cheap...................to make way for the E-450.

chrism_scotland
6th August 2009, 06:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone had used the 40-150mm for Airport/Airline photography, always fancied having a go taking some shots when I'm at the Airport.

Archphoto
6th August 2009, 06:41 PM
Chrism, why not ?

Actualy if you realy get into that kind of photography the entire range from 7-300mm comes into play, depending how close you can get to your subject.

Mind you, I was at Heathrow a year ago and you are not allowed to take pictures because of the terrorist threat that the UK has.

Heathrow Terminal 4 is very well suited for the 7-14mm with it's architecture, Charles de Goule in Paris and Amsterdam Airport come to mind......

Photographing airports can be done in so many ways.....
On the small airports try to get onto the tarmack and take the widest angle you have with you too.

Just some thoughts.....

Peter

chrism_scotland
6th August 2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks mate, I will have a think, luckily I will be nowhere near Heathrow!