PDA

View Full Version : Olympus UK Micro Four Thirds interest...

Ian
14th May 2009, 11:50 AM
If you haven't yet seen it on the home page (http://e-group.uk.net) here, there is a new ad being run by Olympus UK inviting everyone interested to register interest in the Olympus Micro Four Thirds launch next month.

It's alternating with the E-620 ad, so you may need to refresh the page a once or twice to see it.

Vibes I'm getting from Olympus are that the Olympus Micro Four Thirds design is something special and they are very excited about it.

Ian

dbutch
14th May 2009, 01:40 PM
Looking forward to seeing Olympus take on micro4/3 I'm sure it will be different to Panasonics! A month to go from what I can gather

Dave

mike_j
14th May 2009, 03:45 PM
I copied this from GetDPI forum

Has everyone seen this post on '1001 Noisy Cameras'?

The amusing Japanese-to-Googlish translation from the original digitalcamera.jp posting states:

Half-size SLR "PEN" philosophy of the "Eye MAIKUROFOSAZU a" June 15, said. 7 The two weeks to launch

- Olympus 2009 3 Kikukawa, president of his earnings in the quarter, "an eye MAIKUROFOSAZU" release time and date of sale, and introduce the concept.
- "An eye MAIKUROFOSAZU" a June 15 release date. 7 weeks of release in February.
- The emphasis on MAIKUROFOSAZU, video projects.
- MAIKUROFOSAZU machine is "half-size camera-silver-age" PEN "inherited the concept of want. PEN Olympus camera with a philosophy of".
- "Compact camera users will have the strength to use a digital SLR percent. High prices, heavy large, do not step up to digital SLR because they are complicated to use. To expand the target of this "notice.
- President Kikukawa at earnings, the appearance of a mock-up presentation, "I think that is a little DASAI." "This is not the final version, changes considerably," suggesting a change in the design and appearance.
Monday June 15. 7 The two week sale.

Zuiko
14th May 2009, 07:47 PM
I copied this from GetDPI forum

Thanks Mike,

That tells us all we needed to know! *laugh

HughofBardfield
15th May 2009, 12:52 PM
Must try asking for a "MAIKUROFOSAZU" next time I'm in a sushi bar - I'm sure it's tasty :)

Zuiko
15th May 2009, 07:17 PM
If you haven't yet seen it on the home page (http://e-group.uk.net) here, there is a new ad being run by Olympus UK inviting everyone interested to register interest in the Olympus Micro Four Thirds launch next month.

It's alternating with the E-620 ad, so you may need to refresh the page a once or twice to see it.

Vibes I'm getting from Olympus are that the Olympus Micro Four Thirds design is something special and they are very excited about it.
Ian

They're not the only ones! *party

DTD
18th May 2009, 10:22 PM
Looking forward to seeing what they come up with Olympus has probably produced more than their fair share of classics in the past.

StephenL
23rd May 2009, 02:11 PM
I notice that in AP there's an ad for Park Cameras featuring an Olympus Micro Four Thirds evening in early July! Is this an indication of the launch date?

RogerMac
23rd May 2009, 03:01 PM
I notice that in AP there's an ad for Park Cameras featuring an Olympus Micro Four Thirds evening in early July! Is this an indication of the launch date?

There are so many rumours for June 15/16 as the launch date that I can not believe they are ALL wrong. However early July might be the date to get demonstration copies into a few shops:):)

Roger

dbutch
4th June 2009, 11:22 AM
Hi Ian

With the launch approaching fast, are there likely to be any launch events us UK group members could attend?

Cheers

Dave

Paulpp
4th June 2009, 11:25 AM
I would also be interested, diary permitting, if there are any launch events

ndl0071
16th June 2009, 10:04 AM
You may be interested in knowing that Park Cameras are having an Olympus open day on July 2nd The 'Pen' will be there for all to touch and feel, the event is going to be popular so you'll need to book..

http://www.parkcameras.com/article/158/Olympus%20Micro%20Four%20Thirds%20Launch%20Event%2 0%202nd%20July%202009.html