PDA

View Full Version : 12-60mm lenshood

sapper
24th April 2009, 08:51 AM
I lost my lenshood but found a site that produces a template for a cardboard one, http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/custom.php, but I need dimensions of the hood, which I don't have, 'cos I lost it:rolleyes:
Anyone kind enough to measure their hood and let me know the relevant dims? I would be very grateful.
Yeh I know I am a cheapskate but 39 +pp opposed to a bit of black card, no contest:)

RogerMac
24th April 2009, 09:32 AM
Not sure what dimensions you need but the internal diameter (camera end) appears to be 77mm. Let me know if you need any other dimensions

Roger

Edit I have now clicked onto you link and I think the sizes are:

base diameter 77mm
End diameter 86mm (this one is difficult to measure so I am not sure)
Hood length 14mm
petal size 29mm
Petal crop size - really not sure but try 0mm

Ian
24th April 2009, 10:13 AM
I lost mine too while on holiday in France last summer. We were having lunch at the Puy du Fou historical theme park and shared a table with a family from Paris. Fortunately, they saw it had been left behind and it was eventually re-patriated :)

Ian

Ian
24th April 2009, 10:14 AM
I lost my lenshood but found a site that produces a template for a cardboard one, http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/custom.php, but I need dimensions of the hood, which I don't have, 'cos I lost it:rolleyes:
Anyone kind enough to measure their hood and let me know the relevant dims? I would be very grateful.
Yeh I know I am a cheapskate but 39 +pp opposed to a bit of black card, no contest:)

Maybe you could make it out of black plastic instead of card?

Ian

EH1
24th April 2009, 11:16 AM
You can get a 3rd. party 77mm lens hood off ebay for 4.99 + 4.99 P+P. (Item number 280337657436. I hopr this helps!;)

sapper
24th April 2009, 11:22 AM
You can get a 3rd. party 77mm lens hood off ebay for 4.99 + 4.99 P+P. (Item number 280337657436. I hopr this helps!;)

Thanks for this.
It just might say me making one.

But for the 300mm f2.8 (599) the price would drive me to make one myself.

sapper
24th April 2009, 11:27 AM
Not sure what dimensions you need but the internal diameter (camera end) appears to be 77mm. Let me know if you need any other dimensions

Roger

Edit I have now clicked onto you link and I think the sizes are:

base diameter 77mm
End diameter 86mm (this one is difficult to measure so I am not sure)
Hood length 14mm
petal size 29mm
Petal crop size - really not sure but try 0mm

Thanks for this Roger, I will give it a go and report back.

Vokesie
24th April 2009, 11:57 AM
just an idea, if you make it on card why not laminate it for extra strength

Dave

sapper
24th April 2009, 12:21 PM
just an idea, if you make it on card why not laminate it for extra strength

Dave
I will probably make it out of stiff black card. I have to subscribe to the site before I can make one though. I am waiting to hear from the owner how to subscribe. It may be easier to get one from ebay.

Trausti Hraunfjord
18th July 2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Dave.

Did you ever get access to the site?

sapper
18th July 2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Dave.

Did you ever get access to the site?
No, when I looked closer at the site the author said that he would not be updating the site after a certain date, cannot remember the date but it was prior to me finding it.