PDA

View Full Version : Orientation sensor

andym
23rd April 2009, 06:32 PM
How often does other peoples E3 or any other E series camera orientation sensor not work.
Mines always missed if I,m in portrait every now and again but seems to be getting a little worse.Easy to sort out in PP but a bit of an annoyance.

Don't think I'd send it in for this but am interested if other people have the same problem.

crimbo
23rd April 2009, 06:43 PM
On the E400 you can change orientation in camera - view the image on the camera screen and press the +/- button

andym
23rd April 2009, 06:53 PM
On the E400 you can change orientation in camera - view the image on the camera screen and press the +/- button

Not quite what I ment,probably me.When an image is downloaded the camera EXIF shows the orientation and the picture is presented in the correct way on screen.

Doug H
23rd April 2009, 09:33 PM
me too - irritating. Would love to know why as it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it seems that the camera shows it incorrectly on the screen but it's ok in Lightroom. Haven't really got to the bottom of it.
Doug

Nick Temple-Fry
23rd April 2009, 11:58 PM
I've always had a few misses, but it has never been a problem. Can't say it has changed much since new and our cameras must be about the same age.

The times it get it wrong seem totally random, sometimes in the middle of a series - odd that.

Nick

Paulpp
24th April 2009, 01:45 PM
I too seem to get the odd occasion when the image is not oriented correctly. Doesn't seem to be any reason or pattern to it.

blu-by-u
29th April 2009, 01:25 AM
it's more of an annoyance. Some of my shots in that E-330 is correct but sometimes not. It becomes a problem for me when the shots are part of a panorama sequence.

StephenL
29th April 2009, 08:33 AM
Quite a lot of the time, now I think about it. It's a bit of an embuggerance. But it's not just the E-3, or even Olympus. My new Fuji F200EXR compact is the same.