PDA

View Full Version : A good use of the E-3 liveview

Invicta
6th January 2008, 11:58 AM
I have been planning how to take some photos of the snowdrops in my garden and was concerned that my tripod would not get low enough.

The good news is that I found I could reverse the central column, even better with the articulating LCD liveview on the E-3 I can compose the picture without crawling on my hands and knees.

This is the setup

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/541/e3upsidedown.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1801)

All I need now is for the snowdrops to come into bloom. :)

PeterD
6th January 2008, 12:07 PM
All I need now is for the snowdrops to come into bloom. :)

An interesting set up. Shouldn't be long before you can use it in anger. Another plant that would be good to photograph by this method - crocus.

PeterD

andym
6th January 2008, 12:12 PM
I like it.Save dirty knees this year.I'll just have to get a better tripod now.

I'll be out looking for spring flowers soon,already seen two Dafs out in very sheltered places.
I believe its forcast to be wet but very mild this week so not long now.

Glyn R
6th January 2008, 03:38 PM
You can do this with E-330 too. Yet another demonstration of how far ahead of its time it was.:)

theMusicMan
6th January 2008, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing some of the pics there Invicta - whenever the snow arrives eh... :) Haven't had any near me yet, but had a cracking hail storm yesterday as I was out with my son as he was learning to drive. Belted down it did - and guess what... didn't have the camera with me...:(

Invicta
6th January 2008, 08:04 PM
I did a spot of gardening this afternoon, started cleaning up all the dead leaves etc and the blubs are just pushing though.

The horizontal capability of my tripod never seemed to be of much use and I was regretting purchasing it as I could not get really low down. They make a right-angle bracket to use when the column is horizontal but it is hardly an in the field tool. I then found a smaller centre column that fitted my model of tripod and had a bit of a brainwave in that if I could replace the centre column maybe it could be reversed. Tada, I like my tripod much more now.

I'll post some shots when I take them, I guess I will be dreaming of getting an Oly macro lens now...