PDA

View Full Version : Hello All from about 4800miles away

Solar
6th January 2008, 05:09 AM
Or I guess I should say, roughly 7700 kilometers, give or take a few hundred depending on where you are currently sitting ....

I live and am writing you from Seattle ...

I was excited to learn about this forum (I actually found it via one of the other 4/3 forums discussing the recent focus concern).

I don't post much since I am relatively new to digital and have much to learn although I have shot film for about 10 years prior to getting into digital so am not new at all to photography. Then again, this being a non-American forum I might just be amply inclined to post more.

I am active on the 4/3's site and DPreview where I spend time (and now will spend time here) reading and reading and absorbing as much data as possible.

This was my first stop so I still have very little data on what this site offers or the nooks and crannies of it, but I will get around.

Currently shooting the E-3 and have the 50/200, 50, 12/60 ... will be adding the 7-14 next (or its update, maybe SWD?) .... as soon as I can work it out of my budget. I own and use a Gitzo 3530 with the RRS BH-55 which has brought me nothing but better pics with a lot of ease (sometimes my hands tremble in the rainy and windy cold of Seattle's winter) ... Anyway, that's my hello!

Thanks, Solar

PeterD
6th January 2008, 07:18 AM
Welcome Solar,

The miles suits us in the UK :)

This site was established in the last quarter of 2007 and is sponsored by Olympus. The advantage of the site is that most members are Olympus users and the inter brand rivalry is somewhat suppressed as a result. We have a common purpose in sharing information and helping each other. As you will see this ranges from encouraging each other in improving our skills in photography, technical issues as they arise, software and hardware advice etc. To top this all the forums are friendly with the addition of humour.

I am sure that you will enjoy your time on this site and add to the posts in the forum. We all have a lot to learn and in my opinion this is one of the best places to achieve this.

Looking forward to seeing some of your images on the gallery.

Kind regards

PeterD

theMusicMan
6th January 2008, 08:37 AM
Hi Solar and welcome to the site. I have relatives currently in Seattle and hope to come out sometime within the next 12 months. Wife and kids have already been, but I had to stay here!! :(

Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

John

sapper
6th January 2008, 11:36 AM
Hi solar, welcome to the site, we don't mind where you hail from:-)
Dave

Invicta
6th January 2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Solar,

Warm welcome to these forums. Hope you can pass on some of the advice you gather between this one and the other sites.

Barr1e
6th January 2008, 08:11 PM
Solar -

Hi from me too.

Regards. Barr1e

BigD
6th January 2008, 09:39 PM
and a hello from myself :) I'm pretty much new to photography myself so help from anyone no matter where their from is mucho appreciated .

dave.