PDA

View Full Version : ME-1 Eyecup.

EH1
17th April 2009, 05:45 PM
Is the ME-1 eyecup worth getting?:rolleyes:confused:

Ken Lister
18th April 2009, 02:27 PM
Is the ME-1 eyecup worth getting?:rolleyes:confused:

Got one because of small viewfinder on my E500. Unfortunately I wear glasses and, although it does magnify the image. it puts your eye further from the viewfinder and makes seeing the exposure data on the R/H side of the screen nigh on impossible. A bit more useful for macro use on a tripod.

HughofBardfield
20th April 2009, 12:44 PM
Got one because of small viewfinder on my E500. Unfortunately I wear glasses and, although it does magnify the image. it puts your eye further from the viewfinder and makes seeing the exposure data on the R/H side of the screen nigh on impossible. A bit more useful for macro use on a tripod.

Ditto. Opinions vary on how good it is. For macro, and for almost any critical manual focus, I prefer Live View myself.

The difference on the E500/510 is useful, but I don't know if I'd bother replacing it if it fell off (incidentally, this can be a problem: it was quite loose on the E500 - but easily fixed with a tiny blob of bluetack to increase resistance).

Try before you buy if at all possible.

The Saint
21st April 2009, 07:33 AM
I've got one, although now I have a E-3 I don't use it. If your are any of the Olympus Safari Group meetings and I'm there, I'm more than willing to lend it to you to try.

Regards

Simon