PDA

View Full Version : E510 - 70-300 Update Problem

Glen Bentley
12th April 2009, 10:24 AM
Has any one had the following problem?

I updated the firmware for the 70-300 for Liveview and thought I would test the camera.

Firstly the lens would not auto focus, then the camera would not switch off, the menus didn't work and the camera had "hung".

Removed the battery and tried to reset the camera, the problem persisted - changed the lens and carried on trying to reset.

Eventually and I can give no hint as to how or why the camera sprang back to life.

Just wondered if this was as a consequence of the upgrade or perhaps a possible problem manifesting itself.

Any one else?

andym
12th April 2009, 07:32 PM
Hi

Did you in the end manage to do a full reset on the camera and was the update successful.?
That's probably what I would have done even if it means having to set up all your custom settings again.

As to if it's a problem only time will tell.

About time you got and E620 or E30 anyway.;)Then I can try it.*yes

See you for a beer in a couple of weeks.

Glen Bentley
13th April 2009, 07:21 AM
Yes, have reset the camera and took it for a walk yesterday, works perfectly now (apart from the operator.)

As for upgrading - keep looking and Wrotniak almost pursuaded me - but I keep lusting after new lenses.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Have briefly checked out the flickr site will look some more.

jonsey
1st August 2009, 10:50 AM
hi glenn,
i did this update a while ago now, i think its the 1.1 version for the 300mm ?? anyway, mine is ok, with no user probs, incidently, not sure if you need body version 1.3 for this to work correctly either, just a thought

regards.