PDA

View Full Version : Zuiko 100mm macro.....

petrovich
9th April 2009, 07:43 AM
Well I have tried a few macros now and the Sigma 105 or Sigma 150 appeal the most due to distance from subject matter.
As a final note I would like to stick with Olympus and wondered has anyone heard or know about an Olympus 100mm macro in developement?

Regards

Invicta
9th April 2009, 04:31 PM
Well I have tried a few macros now and the Sigma 105 or Sigma 150 appeal the most due to distance from subject matter.
As a final note I would like to stick with Olympus and wondered has anyone heard or know about an Olympus 100mm macro in developement?

Regards

There is an Oly 100mm macro on the roadmap.

See

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/downloads/E-System_Lens_Roadmap.pdf

But the date just says after 2008 so no firm indication when it will be available.

garethlovering
9th April 2009, 05:48 PM
I sent an email to Olympus a few days ago asking a few questions this is the reply I got.

100mm is still on the roadmap but no definite news yet

Faster 18-180 is an interesting idea - a balance of size/weight/cost - I will pass request on

Regards
Mark Thackara

National Marketing Manager

Barrie Norman
11th April 2009, 03:02 PM

Regards

What about the Oly 150 f/2.0 it is a superb lens and if you want Olympus quality then you have to pay the price.

David M
11th April 2009, 03:54 PM
There is an Oly 100mm macro on the roadmap.

See

http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/downloads/E-System_Lens_Roadmap.pdf

But the date just says after 2008 so no firm indication when it will be available.

They've changed that roadmap, the earlier version says 'Planned for release in 2008' and another version of the roadmap says 'Release planned for 2008'.

So I'll continue to use my legacy Tamron 90mm macro while waiting for a lens that was on the roadmap for release last year.

photo_owl
11th April 2009, 06:29 PM
having that lens I'm not sure why you would want to spend $700 on a DZ version for macro use ...

I tend to use MF + LV 10x even with the 50/2 for macro.