PDA

View Full Version : sigma 10-20mm instruction leaflet

baldyb
6th April 2009, 03:15 PM
A simple question but I don't want to waste money!

Apart from the usual "how to mount on the camera" and "addresses for repairs" etc info, can anyone who has this lens please tell me if the instruction leaflet actually contains anything useful?

It's only that the used lens I just acquired came without the leaflet and Sigma want 3+p&p for another one.

Cheers in advance, Kevin
*chr

Garrie
6th April 2009, 06:09 PM
As far as I can remember the instruction leaflet is very basic and certainly not worth buying, the lens on the other hand is mint :D

Just had a look in my 10-20mm box and I must have misplaced the instructions, oh well I did find a bit of paper saying the following.

WARNING
ABOUT THE FOUR THIRDS MOUNTH LENSES

* When selecting Auto Focus photography, it is necessary to set both the focus mode switch on the lens barrel to AF and your camera's focus mode switch to AF (s or C). If you wish to take picture in Manual focus, plase follow the same proveedure and set the focus mode switch on both lens and camera to MF.

* The function of AF-S mode with MF override is not available.

Ken Lister
7th April 2009, 08:43 PM
A simple question but I don't want to waste money!

Apart from the usual "how to mount on the camera" and "addresses for repairs" etc info, can anyone who has this lens please tell me if the instruction leaflet actually contains anything useful?

It's only that the used lens I just acquired came without the leaflet and Sigma want 3+p&p for another one.

Cheers in advance, Kevin
*chr

Info is very basic: usual warnings about damaging contacts and general handling. Use wide angle diffuser if using flash. Only use one filter at a time to avoid vignetting.
Do not turn focus ring manually while in AF mode or keep fingers on focus ring while autofocusing, otherwise mechanism can be damaged. As Garrie mentioned both camera and lens have to be in same mode AF+AF or M+M.
Same lack of information also available in ten other languages if needed.

baldyb
7th April 2009, 10:16 PM
Info is very basic: usual warnings about damaging contacts and general handling. Use wide angle diffuser if using flash. Only use one filter at a time to avoid vignetting.
Do not turn focus ring manually while in AF mode or keep fingers on focus ring while autofocusing, otherwise mechanism can be damaged. As Garrie mentioned both camera and lens have to be in same mode AF+AF or M+M.
Same lack of information also available in ten other languages if needed.
Thanks Ken.
The point about potentially damaging the mechanism is worth noting, and I hope any readers of this thread in the other languages agree!!