PDA

View Full Version : My E-620 Arrived Today

nicomachean
4th April 2009, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I received my E-620 in the mail today and will be taking some test images this weekend. Overall, quite impressed with build quality and kit lens.

There are two annoyances though.

1. The battery takes 3 1/2 hours to fully charge

2. Despite the instruction manual showing that you can set images to superfine, there does not seem anyway to access the compression function in the software menu. You can switch from Small, Medium, Large and Raw but there is no way to change the compression

Archphoto
4th April 2009, 02:26 PM
With the E520 it is under Tools 1.
You might have a further look.

I am looking for an E620/E30 to replace the E520 (noise and banding).

Peter

nicomachean
4th April 2009, 02:29 PM
Hi Peter,

Same on the E-620 but the tools menu only allows you to switch between small, medium, large and raw. There does not seem to be a way to access the actual compression settings - unless I am missing something.

Thanks

Cory

Kiwi Paul
4th April 2009, 02:34 PM
Try going to tools menu 1, Sub category G, Set; the options to select the JPG settings are there.

Paul

nicomachean
4th April 2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks - that worked!

The instruction manual was not at all clear how to get to this menu.

Much appreciated!

Cory

Ian
4th April 2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Peter,

Same on the E-620 but the tools menu only allows you to switch between small, medium, large and raw. There does not seem to be a way to access the actual compression settings - unless I am missing something.

Thanks

Cory

I don't have a 620 here at the moment, but on the E-30 you go to the Aspect/Color/WB tools menu and the resolution (diamond shaped symbol with little squares on the right) SET option.

See the attached screen grab from an E-30 below.

The compression options are Super Fine, Fine, Normal, and Basic.

The resolution options (total pixels in the JPEG file) are Large, Middle, and Small.

I'd be very surprised if it was different in the E-620.

Ian

nicomachean
4th April 2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks - I've found the menu now.

Sample photos are up on my website http://www.flickr.com/photos/corywendorf/

ianinsuffolk
20th May 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the tip - I couldn't find the settings anywhere, despite this being my third E series camera. Pleased with the results but disappointed that Adobe don't yet support the camera and I prefer CS4 for RAW work. I think Olympus need to rework their menu system as it's become illogical and difficult to follow.

Ian

stevednp3
20th May 2009, 06:13 PM
I had the same problem - took me ages to find how to change to super fine on my e-30, happy shooting !!!

terryw
20th May 2009, 07:43 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled, persevered, to find the super fine setting on the E-30. Having done so I am well impressed with the results. Up 'till now I've always used RAW.

Terry