PDA

View Full Version : Dear Dr Laura.

Jim Ford
26th April 2019, 03:20 PM
I saw this a couple of years ago and occasionally go back to it for a chuckle, so I thought that I'd share it here:

https://genius.com/James-m-kauffman-an-open-letter-to-dr-laura-schlesinger-annotated

This is my favourite part:

"When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?"

Jim

MJ224
26th April 2019, 03:24 PM
Good stuff...……………...*chr

pdk42
26th April 2019, 03:45 PM
Yes, great stuff. My favourite is this:

Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

Those of a sceptic orientation might also appreciate the videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCprs0DXUS-refN1i8FkQkdg

Naughty Nigel
26th April 2019, 04:38 PM
And...

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

Never mind the sale moneys. I am thinking of how much we would save on the electric shower and our electricity bill. *yes

Graham_of_Rainham
26th April 2019, 04:47 PM
The only one that springs to mind is:

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.”

But that’s because Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite films...

pdk42
26th April 2019, 05:51 PM
And...

Never mind the sale moneys. I am thinking of how much we would save on the electric shower and our electricity bill. *yes

Just make sure that all sales are final - no returns!

Harold Gough
27th April 2019, 07:47 AM

Unless she works for M&S.

Harold

Naughty Nigel
27th April 2019, 03:09 PM

I don't think our daughter would make a very good slave at all. In fact I would expect a return within 24 hours for the cheek she gives alone. :D

MargaretR
27th April 2019, 03:27 PM
Not sure who borrowed from whom, but I seem to remember a diatribe along these lines in "The West Wing", with an annoyed President Bartlet verbally taking down a phony female 'doctor' alt-right radio talk show host / agony aunt at a White House reception. Great scene.

MargaretR
27th April 2019, 03:32 PM
The West Wing S02E03 Bible Speech - YouTube

West Wing scene