PDA

View Full Version : Silkypix won't process E3 1.3 RAW files

jdal
2nd April 2009, 03:55 PM
As per another thread, I had my E3 fixed at Oly service and the firmware upgraded to 1.3. Now Silkypix won't process the RAW files properly. It will show the first 'draft' thumbnail, which I'm guessing is the embedded jpeg in the raw file, but it never gets to stage 2 (which is to show a nice sharp thumbnail) and it won't show the full size image if you double click on it.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Lightroom is ok. I'm wondering if it's just my E3 that's knacked, or is this a known problem with Silkypix/E3 Raw.
Does anyone know of any 1.3 raw files anywhere I can download?

Interesting that the 1.3 upgrade seems to have changed the raw files somehow.

StephenL
2nd April 2009, 04:01 PM
I can put an E3 raw file on my web site if you wish? I can then give you the direct URL.

andym
2nd April 2009, 04:39 PM
John

I use Silkypix as my main raw convertor and am running 1.3 firmware.

I have no problems.

I am running version 3.0.18.3 of Silkypix.

Ian
2nd April 2009, 05:13 PM
John

I use Silkypix as my main raw convertor and am running 1.3 firmware.

I have no problems.

I am running version 3.0.18.3 of Silkypix.

I happen to have Version: 3.0.28.1 installed and it seems to be working normally with 1.3 firmware E-3 files too.

I must say, though I find Silkypix very hard work...

Ian

jdal
2nd April 2009, 06:03 PM
I can put an E3 raw file on my web site if you wish? I can then give you the direct URL.

Cheers, that'd be great.

jdal
2nd April 2009, 06:06 PM
I happen to have Version: 3.0.28.1 installed and it seems to be working normally with 1.3 firmware E-3 files too.

I must say, though I find Silkypix very hard work...

Ian
It's a bit of an acqured taste, I agree, but I don't like Lightrooms interface all that much either. It sems to want 2 gig as it's so slooooow on my 1 gig machine.

I preferred the output from Silkypix over ACR/Lightroom for the E300, but for the E3 I think lightroom's colours most closely match the jpeg output.

jdal
2nd April 2009, 06:35 PM
I'd appreciate it if someone could try out http://www.dalrymple.me.uk/personal/test_pics/ and try v3_1.orf on Silkypix I'd appreciate it. I've tried on the latest version 3.0.27.6 and it doesn't work.

StephenL
2nd April 2009, 06:46 PM
PM sent with url for raw file

PaulE
2nd April 2009, 06:52 PM
I'd appreciate it if someone could try out http://www.dalrymple.me.uk/personal/test_pics/ and try v3_1.orf on Silkypix I'd appreciate it. I've tried on the latest version 3.0.27.6 and it doesn't work.

That RAW file won't work for me in Silkypix latest version 3.0.27.6 either.

andym
2nd April 2009, 06:54 PM
No it wont open

You can see the preveiw image which i assume is the embeded Jpeg.

andym
2nd April 2009, 07:04 PM
Somethig wrong with that image.The only one of my raw developers it will open in is Raw Therapee

jdal
2nd April 2009, 07:10 PM
Ok, thanks all. I can open Stephens image fine, mine I can't. Others can't open my image, so it looks like when my firmware update went wrong it went badly wrong and Oly's reset of the camera hasn't worked properly. That would explain both focus and image problems.

Thanks for the assistance on this everyone!

*chr all round

DerekW
3rd April 2009, 10:01 AM
Possibly redundant response - but the file was opened and displayed by Aperture.