So well-deserved!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-47843999

Harold

Jax
7th April 2019, 12:54 PM
So well-deserved!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-47843999

Harold

Couldn't agree more ! Anyone found poaching inside these nature reserves should receive a bullet in the head, no trial, just a bullet. The same applies all down the supply chain of this disgusting illegal trade. It should be a mandatory death penalty to be involved in any part of the poaching trade in horn or ivory.

Jax

TimP
7th April 2019, 01:37 PM
Couldn't agree more ! Anyone found poaching inside these nature reserves should receive a bullet in the head, no trial, just a bullet. The same applies all down the supply chain of this disgusting illegal trade. It should be a mandatory death penalty to be involved in any part of the poaching trade in horn or ivory.

Jax

Yes, every last one of them. Might be an idea to consider the same for the toffs shooting the hen harriers here. It might not be them doing the shooting but they’ll have knowledge and will be employing the peasant that does the shooting. Pretty sure one of the two dear princes shot at least one in the past too.

Graham_of_Rainham
7th April 2019, 02:15 PM
If anti-poaching gamekeepers are allowed to shoot poachers, why don't they let these Americans, who like to shoot things, to join in on the hunt for poachers.

I'm sure there are lots who would pay to shoot poachers... :eek:

TimP
7th April 2019, 02:37 PM
I’d pay to shoot the Americans that ‘hunt’ big game.
There seems to be a pattern here when people have far too much money and little to occupy their time.

Internaut
7th April 2019, 02:47 PM
“A search party struggled to find the body but eventually found a human skull and a pair of trousers on Thursday. ”

I get the sense the writer enjoyed writing that article.

Jax
7th April 2019, 02:57 PM
I'm sure there are lots who would pay to shoot poachers... :eek:

What does it cost ? Can I pay by installments ? Where do I apply ? :)

Jax

Internaut
7th April 2019, 05:45 PM
Perhaps they could crush the skull down to a find powder, pass it off as Rhino horn and sell it to China.... Might help with the little problem they allegedly have there :-/.

Harold Gough
7th April 2019, 06:23 PM
What does it cost ? Can I pay by installments ? Where do I apply ? :)

Jax

There should be a bounty.

Harold

TimP
7th April 2019, 07:30 PM
There should be a bounty.

Harold

Oh come on, I’d want at least a box of Malteasers.

Ian
8th April 2019, 04:05 PM

Jax

Please may I remind everyone that this is a family-orientated forum and even, as in this case, when there is unanimity in our revulsion of certain practices like game poaching, any rich language vindicating the unlawful killing of an individual is not acceptable on this site.

Ian

Jax
8th April 2019, 05:45 PM
Please may I remind everyone that this is a family-orientated forum and even, as in this case, when there is unanimity in our revulsion of certain practices like game poaching, any rich language vindicating the unlawful killing of an individual is not acceptable on this site.

Ian

Point taken.

However, if the various African governments entrusted with the preservation and protection of these endangered animals passed the necessary legislation, disposing of these vile individuals would not be illegal and the trade may be somewhat reduced. In many countries, at time of disasters or national emergencies, Looters are warned they will be shot on sight, so why not big game poachers ?

Apologies if anyone was offended by the "rich language" in the post Ian has highlighted.

Jax