PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Lens Hire

EH1
2nd April 2009, 12:05 PM
Ed - this thread is a popular hit on search engines so I thought I'd stick a plug in here for this site's very own new Olympus hire service! If you are interested, go to: http://e-group.uk.net/hire

Does anyone know where you can hire olympus lenses? I am very interested in buying a zuiko ED 300mm lens, but because of the huge price tag would like to hire one first, just to make sure I will be happy with it!

benvendetta
2nd April 2009, 12:24 PM
This has been discussed recently. There is definitly something on the horizon. See below.
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4938

Jim Ford
2nd April 2009, 01:42 PM
I am very interested in buying a zuiko ED 300mm lens, but because of the huge price tag would like to hire one first, just to make sure I will be happy with it!

Hmm, Hertfordshire - same county as me. So I can always pop round to borrow it!
;^)

Jim

EH1
2nd April 2009, 02:45 PM
Hmm, Hertfordshire - same county as me. So I can always pop round to borrow it!
;^)

JimPerhaps I should start hiring them out myself!!!

benvendetta
2nd April 2009, 04:00 PM
If you are not already a member, join the Olympus UK Photo Safari Group. Brian Mosley has always got nice toys from Olympus to play with at get togethers.*yes

EH1
2nd April 2009, 04:23 PM
If you are not already a member, join the Olympus UK Photo Safari Group. Brian Mosley has always got nice toys from Olympus to play with at get togethers.*yesFantastic Idea, I will join! Thankyou!

Graham_of_Rainham
2nd April 2009, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know where you can hire olympus lenses? I am very interested in buying a zuiko ED 300mm lens, but because of the huge price tag would like to hire one first, just to make sure I will be happy with it!

If you have a need for this focal length (you have a 70-300 and use it a lot at 300) then there really is no substitute, it is absolutly excellent.

I had use of one for a couple of hours and walked about with it quite easily. I hand held every shot at speeds lower than 1000/s (some as low as 125/s) it returned with the E-3 & E-620, shots that were consistently brilliant.

The 90-250 is as good and has the obvious advantage of the zoom, so also well worth considering.

*chr

EH1
2nd April 2009, 05:05 PM
If you have a need for this focal length (you have a 70-300 and use it a lot at 300) then there really is no substitute, it is absolutly excellent.

I had use of one for a couple of hours and walked about with it quite easily. I hand held every shot at speeds lower than 1000/s (some as low as 125/s) it returned with the E-3 & E-620, shots that were consistently brilliant.

The 90-250 is as good and has the obvious advantage of the zoom, so also well worth considering.

*chr
Thanks for that Graham, infact the reason I wanted to try one before I buy, is because I was also considering the 90-250mm which I have managed to have a play with & I found it an exceptional lens.....ashame I can`t afford both!!...................................(unless I got rid of the wife......mmmm).

Pete Riley
2nd April 2009, 05:13 PM
It's no good, let's get our priorities right. She's got to go:eek:

photo_owl
2nd April 2009, 05:31 PM
you will need to considiser carefully just how you get rid of the wife.....

Kiwi Paul
2nd April 2009, 08:29 PM
you will need to considiser carefully just how you get rid of the wife.....

Trade for a 90-250? :D

Paul