PDA

View Full Version : I have had to suspend two accounts

Ian
24th March 2019, 10:36 AM
After some information about two accounts on the site, that have been in the thick of some controversial discussions here in The Lounge, I have temporarily suspended these accounts.

I don't want to go into too much detail but at the very least it appears the accounts are posting from the same IP address. Having two accounts on this forum is not permitted.

I am contacting the users directly in order that they can have their say before I decide whether there is any substance to the suspicious information we have - and it's not just posting from the same IP address.

As ever, I want to make sure that we are doing the right thing, without bias or negative justification.

Once the matter has been resolved I will update this thread.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian
25th March 2019, 07:29 AM
As promised - an update: after further investigation and contact with both account holders, I have lifted both suspensions.

There were some very curious circumstances which raised suspicions, but I am now content that there was no mal-intent.

I am obliged to protect the site and you, the users and I would do the same again, but I would also like to extend my apologies for any inconvenience over the last 24 hours to those involved.

Ian