TimP
21st March 2019, 04:12 PM
Voting by social media?

Beagletorque
21st March 2019, 04:13 PM
Yes, no lies involved this time though.

TimP
21st March 2019, 04:17 PM
Absolutely not, I mean what could possibly go wrong or be interfered with.
In the interest of balance I gather there is a similar petition for the opposing view.

Beagletorque
21st March 2019, 04:19 PM
Yes, https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

Tram
21st March 2019, 05:11 PM
Like the rest of the government, its broken.
Not Theresa May's fault though, nothing ever is

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 05:17 PM
Wow ! 1, 000,820 people all holding the wrong opinions ! :)

Darkroom

Tram
21st March 2019, 05:27 PM

Darkroom

I see you have a problem with numbers, bit like the Brexit campaign then? :)

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 05:31 PM
I see you have a problem with numbers, bit like the Brexit campaign then? :)

Not at all, but i'm also not taking the bait.

Darkroom

Jim Ford
21st March 2019, 05:42 PM
Does this mean that the mods. are allowing us to have rows about Brexit again? ;)

Jim

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 05:46 PM
Does this mean that the mods. are allowing us to have rows about Brexit again? ;)

Jim

I think I can just see Zuiko in the distance, already waving a yellow card in the air.

Darkroom

Zuiko
21st March 2019, 05:53 PM
We'll see how it goes. I must admit I groaned a little when I first saw this thread, thank you Andrew!

I was going to ask if this was a People's Vote or a Meaningful Vote, but thought better of it. :D

TimP
21st March 2019, 05:56 PM

Darkroom

Plenty more for the proper vote, this is tiny in comparison.

pdk42
21st March 2019, 05:56 PM
Groan......

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 05:59 PM
We'll see how it goes. I must admit I groaned a little when I first saw this thread, thank you Andrew!

I was going to ask if this was a People's Vote or a Meaningful Vote, but thought better of it. :D

More likely a fake vote or fake news, manipulated by the FBI or the Russians :)

The site is down again anyway so not of any real importance.

Darkroom

Tram
21st March 2019, 06:00 PM
On a more serious note regardless of what side you are on this is dreadful
A MP cannot go home because of serious death threats, Police told her partner that if it was his wife he would be frightened for her safety.

Ok have an opinion, but this is just insane and cannot be allowed to continue

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 06:01 PM
Groan......

For once, I share your opinion Paul, but just this once :D

Darkroom

Rocknroll59
21st March 2019, 06:21 PM
Sorry but we just do not need this....*zzz

Peter

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 06:25 PM

Peter

I could agree with you Peter, but in fairness to the OP and other members, nobody is obliged to visit The Lounge or read any posts within it.

Darkroom

Zuiko
21st March 2019, 06:29 PM

Peter

A view which I am sure is shared by many others. We could just let this thread quietly disappear....

Zuiko
21st March 2019, 06:34 PM
Just imagine if we tuned into "Question Time" tonight on BBC1, only to find they were discussing nothing but photography....:eek:

Jax
21st March 2019, 06:46 PM
A view which I am sure is shared by many others. We could just let this thread quietly disappear....

Alternatively in the light of recent censorship why postpone the inevitable ?

Jax

Darkroom
21st March 2019, 06:56 PM
Just imagine if we tuned into "Question Time" tonight on BBC1, only to find they were discussing nothing but photography....:eek:

At least that may be more interesting than usual :)

If Question Time had as many subjects available for discussion as this forum it may attract a lot more viewers. The Lounge is only one board amongst many *yes

Darkroom

shenstone
21st March 2019, 07:42 PM
interestingly ... it's got a problem similar to ours "502 Bad Gateway" maybe 1,000,000 people have been trying to get signed up to the user group

Tram
21st March 2019, 09:34 PM
Can we all agree on one thing that May has to go and very quickly too

Jax
21st March 2019, 09:40 PM

Errrrrrrr.........

No

Jax

pdk42
21st March 2019, 09:48 PM

Totally agree on that. This shambles is mainly of her making and the speech last night was bizarre and disturbing. She definitely needs to go, but I'm not at all convinced there's anyone to replace her. The Tory party is led by donkeys and fools and Corbyn's character and judgement has too often been shown lacking. God help us all.

Jim Ford
21st March 2019, 10:03 PM
A MP cannot go home because of serious death threats, Police told her partner that if it was his wife he would be frightened for her safety.

I didn't see this news item.

Is this a 'Remain' MP being threatened by 'Leavers', or a 'Leave' MP being threatened by 'Remainers'? (I can guess!)

Jim

Jax
21st March 2019, 10:19 PM

Is this a 'Remain' MP being threatened by 'Leavers', or a 'Leave' MP being threatened by 'Remainers'? (I can guess!)

Jim

Whilst trying to keep this comment polite, surely you're not stooping so low by trying to score political points from the ramblings of a deranged idiot who's threatened to kill someone? The mind boggles.

Jax

pdk42
21st March 2019, 10:51 PM
As evidence of how bad May's position and status is, this is an excerpt from insiders at her performance at tonight's events in Brussels (from The Guardian):

Sources have dismissed Theresa May’s plea for more time to deliver a form of Brexit she and parliament can live with as “90 minutes of nothing”. My colleagues, Daniel Boffey, Heather Stewart and Jennifer Rankin, report that, according to a source, the prime minister “dismally” failed to offer any answers as to what she would do if the deal was blocked by MPs again

One aide is quoted as saying:

She didn’t even give clarity if she is organising a vote. Asked three times what she would do if she lost the vote, she couldn’t say. It was awful. Dreadful. Evasive even by her standards.

When leaders asked May what she was going to do if her deal was voted down, an official added that the prime minister replied that she was following her ‘Plan A’ of getting it through.

It was then the EU decided that “she didn’t have a plan so they needed to come up with one for her”, the source added.

Surely this can't go on?

Darkroom
22nd March 2019, 01:14 AM
On a more serious note regardless of what side you are on this is dreadful

Ok have an opinion, but this is just insane and cannot be allowed to continue

Jim

Unlike some members on here who apparently complain about posts via PM's to Admin, at the risk of censure or expulsion I'm doing it here in the open forum.

Jim Ford's post, already commented on by another member, goes to prove the futility of political debates in this forum. If members are totally unable to debate politics without posts such as the above by Jim Ford, made to score a political advantage via a reported murder threat, surely this is now sufficient reason to close this thread and either ban political topics, or simply close the Lounge.

IMHO the post in question not only indicates the callousness of the poster concerned but also brings the forum into disrepute to members and non-members alike.

Much as I dislike and object to censorship, and have already made comments in this thread pointing out nobody is obliged to visit the Lounge, if there ever was a valid reason for censorship to be applied, surely this is it. *yes

As always, it is of course for the Administrators to make their own decisions and react accordingly.

Darkroom

Tram
22nd March 2019, 07:08 AM
As evidence of how bad May's position and status is, this is an excerpt from insiders at her performance at tonight's events in Brussels (from The Guardian):
Surely this can't go on?

Plan B is Plan A

I love a footie analogy and this is a clear one
Manager has lost the changing room and after going 0-2 down hasn't got a clue how to change tactics.
Only one thing happens when the above occurs, see you later manager.

shenstone
22nd March 2019, 07:28 AM
I have had to close this for now to ensure a level of calm has time to come back to things

I am making this action as a temporary measure simply to permit me to report this thread to the other moderators to have time to do such an action and I will then abide by the decision made by the other moderators

Guys, I can see that once again people are making comments about other members posts in a manner that is likely to degrade into he said... he said... back and fore and we lose the political debate into mud slinging

it's not a bad thing to ask for a post to be moderated - in fact that is the RIGHT thing to do in many ways in that it is then considered calmly by a group who come to a consensus and take action rather than someone needing to take a snap decision

Regards
Andy