PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sweden

OlyFlyer
4th January 2008, 09:31 PM
I hope it is OK for someone who is not living in UK to register. Anyway, now it is too late because I am here.

Chillimonster
4th January 2008, 09:55 PM
All are welcome here, we're quite a friendly bunch.

I recognise the name...... DPR??

Chris

BigD
4th January 2008, 10:04 PM
welcome to the forums :D

Barr1e
4th January 2008, 10:30 PM
Olyflyer -

We meet again - hi and welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix in the gallery.

Regards. Barr1e

PeterD
4th January 2008, 10:38 PM
I hope it is OK for someone who is not living in UK to register. Anyway, now it is too late because I am here.

Welcome to the site. I have spent a few moments looking at your blog and would recommend others (especially, but not exclusively, E500 owners) to view it. I can see that you are bringing valuable knowledge with you.

You will find that members here are friendly and very willing to learn from each other. We are a new site and I am proud to be a member.

Very best regards

PeterD

OlyFlyer
5th January 2008, 09:31 PM
All are welcome here, we're quite a friendly bunch.

I recognise the name...... DPR??

Chris

Yes, DPR among others. I am very active on ClubSNAP (http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94) as well. Have also been a member of FTP, but not any more. Left freely, not banned.

OlyFlyer
5th January 2008, 09:37 PM
Olyflyer -

We meet again - hi and welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your pix in the gallery.

Regards. Barr1eThanks! I am not sure I will use the gallery to host my images. I keep my images here (http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa60/olyflyer/).

OlyFlyer
5th January 2008, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the site.

Thanks!

I have spent a few moments looking at your blog and would recommend others (especially, but not exclusively, E500 owners) to view it. Well, I am glad you visited my blog. But...

I hate to start off with an argument, but as far as I know, my blog is absolutely NOT an E-500 related blog. It just happend that I have an E-500 camera body. I think, there is not one single post which can only be related to E-500, all are very general posts on a variaty of E-system components, like FL-50, EX-25, macro photographing, macro bellows, and other experiments. None, with the possible exception of The true story of my E-500 (http://olyflyer.blogspot.com/2007/05/one-day-in-march-last-year-i-decided.html) are directly E-500 related.

I can see that you are bringing valuable knowledge with you.

You will find that members here are friendly and very willing to learn from each other. We are a new site and I am proud to be a member.

Very best regards

PeterD Thank you and all the best to you as well.

OlyFlyer
14th January 2008, 05:08 PM
Today I asked Ian to remove my account. I feel I should have looked around longer, and should have followed up the forum better before registering.

This must be the shortest membership time of the Internet foruming history.

Thanks everybody.

PeterD
14th January 2008, 05:28 PM
Olyflyer

I do not know if you can read this - I guess you can if you look in as a visitor.

I am very sorry that you feel that you have no option but to de-register. I wish you well for the future.

Kind regards

PeterD

theMusicMan
14th January 2008, 10:53 PM
Today I asked Ian to remove my account. I feel I should have looked around longer, and should have followed up the forum better before registering.

This must be the shortest membership time of the Internet foruming history.

Thanks everybody.
Why so...? what has caused you task that your account be removed...?:confused:

Please reconsider...

Barr1e
15th January 2008, 09:06 AM
Having left this overnight my thought processes tell me you may have made a rushed decision - as others have said it would be pleasing if you reconsidered your membership here. AIMHO.

I think we will lose a great deal by you not being here.

Kind regards. Barr1e

OlyFlyer
16th January 2008, 09:29 AM
Hi all,

After yet another careful consideration, another nights sleep, reading of the requests for me to stay, and since Ian did not do his job in time after my original and first request to de-register me, I decided to send this message to Ian.

Hi Ian,

I see you did not de-register me last night. I really don't know what to do, I feel I may not be able to be a very active member, I don't have much free time. I did not expect there will be people requesting my stay, since I made a real 'hot' start here, and have only been a member for just a few days, but since the de-registering is not done, and I even received PMs asking for me to stay, maybe it is best to try to stay and give it a new chance after another nights sleep. So, if you read this in time, do nothing.

I forgot to finish off my message with a polite 'Please', I hope Ian forgives me for that.

Now I really look foolish, I know that, but I think I will survive. Maybe I will not always be as active as some of you might hope, because I do not have enough time right now, I also hope that activity will be increased forumwise, not only in the E-3 section. I am not sure that it is a good idea to have separate subforums for each camera models in a small forum like this one, but maybe it will grow. I try to contribute with a few posts and see how it goes.

So, now it is time to get started for the second time.

Cheers, and thank you for the supporting messages. I also want to thank the guy who in his very first post made a statement that he is not getting the E-3 because it is not a good system. That thread was also an important one in my decision making, I think there is a need for balanced, but somehow biased forums in Europe. DPreview is OK, but there are too many trolls and no moderation at all. I support the idea of a moderated, good forum, even if you call this UK biased, given time, it may become Europe biased. Of course, if the number of active UK members will be much higher, it will still be UK biased, which I don't have a problem with anyway. I hope nobody minds if references to other, non UK subjects are also made.

Cheers and good luck everybody.

theMusicMan
16th January 2008, 09:44 AM
Very pleased to read you have decided to stick around. Good on ya!

PeterD
16th January 2008, 09:52 AM
Welcome back.

It would have been a great pity to have lost someone as you with your experience and knowledge.

I trust others share my sentiments. I have visited a number of other sites and this one is quite unique in that we are not afraid of discussing issues that we find and whilst being supportive of Olympus, we expect responses from them to address these issues.

Ian,
What is the intention of Olympus, are they to gain a public presence on this site. I know its early days but if they seek to steal a march on other manufacturers then this is one area that would be a major step forward. We would not seek instant answers but it would be useful means of providing feedback in both directions.

Kind regards

PeterD

art frames
16th January 2008, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

So, now it is time to get started for the second time.

Cheers and good luck everybody.

Hi OlyFlyer

Well I'm glad you did think again and I look forward to seeing more of your engineering skills here too. I am very interested in macro and would love to get some of the macro kit I could never afford when I was younger. I have seen your posts on your adaptations to the EX25 and bellows on other forums and hope that more exposure here will help Olympus to see the huge numbers of people that have an interest and wish to try something bigger than 1:1. I got hooked into Olympus because they were the best at macro and micro photography. Where are those skills now?

As I understand it the funding from Olympus UK was to create a mostly UK membership which is why it is like this... but I doubt that they would be concerned about bigger numbers still - if what we all create is a thriving and constructive site.

I also agree that Ian's moderation is good and positive. I would not be surprised if he was using the skill of the moderator in not acting upon your first post. Sometimes good moderation is in knowing when to leave things.

Don't worry about how much time you have to give. It will all be welcomed.

best wishes

Peter

E-P1 fan
16th January 2008, 11:27 AM
Sometimes good moderation is in knowing when to leave things.

Definitely - compare the subtle and intelligent moderation on here with the heavy-handed, dictatorial moderation one can see on some sites! :eek: