PDA

View Full Version : A few more kiddie portraits that I like... (Mum does too!!)

theMusicMan
14th November 2007, 09:16 PM
The Mum of this gorgeous girl loved these images, I was delighted at how delighted she was..:) She has ordered 4 canvas prints from me, I am a happy bunny!!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/themouthpiecedotcom/p597765729.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/themouthpiecedotcom/jb3.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/themouthpiecedotcom/jb1.jpg

Bo_Nydahl
15th November 2007, 02:27 PM
Hi John,

Nice Hi Key shots and the kids look relaxed too. I can imagine their mum was happy in comparison the usual studio type shots.

Mike

theMusicMan
26th November 2007, 10:37 PM
Hey Bo

Yep, both Mum and Dad loved the images and have ordered 4 (yes.. that's four) canvas prints from me...:)

art frames
27th November 2007, 08:33 AM
John

Do you aim to make a business out of your photography work? I can see you have some customers already and clearly the talent. Be interested to swap thoughts.

Peter

ps I do other things than dragonflies!

Ian
27th November 2007, 08:42 AM
I like the expression on the brother in the last shot :D

Ian

Barr1e
27th November 2007, 09:15 AM
Mmm, I can see why mum does.

Regards. Barr1e

theMusicMan
27th November 2007, 09:38 AM
John

Do you aim to make a business out of your photography work? I can see you have some customers already and clearly the talent. Be interested to swap thoughts.

Peter

ps I do other things than dragonflies!Hi Peter - yes I do hope to be able to make some form of business out of my photography, many thanks for your comments. Personally - though I am very happy in what I do now (Self Employed Project Manager), and I have a good stream of clients and am booked until June next year, I would very much love to reduce the Project Management, and increase the Photography. Not sure exactly how I am to do this though as I am still very much learning, and haven't really advertised or promoted myself as a photographer yet. All of my business thus far has come in through word of mouth.

I am considering some PR campaigns though aimed at a certain market sectors, hopefully they will provide a stepping stone for me to ramp up the activity, who knows.

I like the expression on the brother in the last shot :D

IanI was particularly pleased with his expression too Ian, and honestly - it was planned. I set the camera on f2.8, focussed on the girl knowing he'd be out of focus, and asked him to sit upright and look mean!! he did that :)

Mmm, I can see why mum does.

Regards. Barr1eMum loved all the pics and said she had heck of a job choosing which ones to go for.:)

ewan
27th November 2007, 04:14 PM
Great shots John, did you use studio lighting or natural light?

ewan

theMusicMan
27th November 2007, 08:47 PM
Great shots John, did you use studio lighting or natural light?

ewanHey Ewan, I used a portable studio set up. One keylight in front and to the right of the subjects, and two slave units lighting up the backdrop. All done in their living room :)

Seemed to work very well, thanks for the comments.

ewan
28th November 2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Ewan, I used a portable studio set up. One keylight in front and to the right of the subjects, and two slave units lighting up the backdrop. All done in their living room :)

Seemed to work very well, thanks for the comments.
Hi John, For me that makes the shots even more impressive......I imagined you being in some sort of loft studio, flooded with light! :D

theMusicMan
29th November 2007, 08:14 AM
Hi Ewan, thanks for that. The room did have a window, but was only a small one. I meant to say of course (as you can see by the keylight reflection in the eyes) that the main keylight was to the left of me not the right of me...!!

I tend to use a similar setup for most of my standard portrait work, unless the client wants something different of course.

Thanks again for the encouraging comments.