PDA

View Full Version : At the V&A today.

Barr1e
4th January 2008, 07:54 PM
Anne and I accepted some tickets from www.fourthirds-user.com (thanks Julia and Ian) to visit the Olympus sponsored exhibition of Lee Miller.

As the pictures were on loan from around the world the taking of photographs was not allowed. However, you can take shots in many galleries and although I'm not in the same league as our E-3 brethren I managed this pic with my now trusty E-510. Taken in A.Mode - F5.6 - 1/10" without flash.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/E-G-_-the-V_A-4_3rds.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1766)

Regards. Barr1e

Nick Temple-Fry
4th January 2008, 08:03 PM
. However, you can take shots in many galleries and although I'm not in the same league as our E-3 brethren

I don't think it is the camera that makes the image, I think it is the cameraman.

Nice shot, just enough reflected highlight to give it life.

Nick

PeterD
4th January 2008, 08:10 PM
I don't think it is the camera that makes the image, I think it is the cameraman.

Nice shot, just enough reflected highlight to give it life.

Nick

I think you earned your tickets. I agree with Nick, well balanced image. Well done Barrie

PeterD

Barr1e
4th January 2008, 09:24 PM
Hi guys -

Thanks so much. I must confess a little p+p was applied.
It was really a fun day, we spent several hours there. Spent a little money in the shop and I was bought a late Italian lunch. The effects of the wine have worn off - unfortunately.

Regards. Barr1e

PeterD
4th January 2008, 10:54 PM
Hi guys -

Thanks so much. I must confess a little p+p was applied.
It was really a fun day, we spent several hours there. Spent a little money in the shop and I was bought a late Italian lunch. The effects of the wine have worn off - unfortunately.

Regards. Barr1e

Glad you enjoyed it Barrie. Do the effects of the wine include the headache;)

PeterD

andym
4th January 2008, 11:04 PM
Barry

Looks as good as anything the "E3 brethern" produce nothing wrong with a bit of P&P

Ps at 10th of a second I assume you had the Is on??

DTD
5th January 2008, 07:47 AM
The V&A is a brilliant museum. Saw the Bill Brandt exhibition there a couple of years back. Saw the last Lee Miller exhibition at the Whitworth Gallery in Manchester – well worth seeing.

Barr1e
5th January 2008, 11:08 AM
It has been said many times on this site 'what a friendly place/bunch/forum it is. I'm pleased to echo those comments etc.

PeterD -

Headache, yes the owner of the restaurant plied us with some freebies. Up later than normal today (I wonder why) and hopefully Anne and I have not missed some clicking in this brighter weather. Received your PM, thanks.

andym -

Thanks so much and yes the 'IS' was on.

DTD -

What a brilliant place it is. We just keep returning. I am always amazed at the vastness of the site and the treasures it contains.

We will be seeing the 'Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2007' with others in a couple of weeks time.

Kindest regards. Barr1e